1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an alternative to clonyxxl?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ctbram, Feb 9, 2004.

1. ctbram

ctbram Guest

Okay I am fed up with trying to deal with this piece of crap!

It's buggy and tempramental and I am tied of dealing with it. Every time I go to us it there is another funky problem and I have to spend a month to track it down and fix it. The damn thing is written in german and the author no longer is providing any support.

The current mental breakdown is that I lauch the damn thing and the cd setup pop up window appears and lists my drives as:

2:0 øšÙwÿÿÿÿ AEÔwŽµÔw inA AAA AAAA=0
    2:1 øšÙwÿÿÿÿ AEÔwŽµÔw inA AAA AAAA=1
    3:0 AXV CD/DVD-ROM 2.2a=2
    4:0 Generic DVD-ROM 1.0=3

Well the first 2 entries are my recordable drives. They should be:

2:0 HP DVD Writer 200j
    2:1 LITE-ON LTR48125W

When I accept the jibberish entries and relaunch clonyxxl it just brings up the damn cd rom setup pop up window again. I can't every get into the application because the cd rom setup routing is seeing all my drives but enumerating the names as jibberish.

I am just sick and tired of futzing with this damn program. Can't someone please for god sake write a version that is in english and supports 19th century computers so I can stop having to spend a month noodling with this piece of crap EVERY FREAKING TIME I WANT TO BACKUP A FREAKING CD?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Clony supports English, but defaults to German. You can change this by clicking the "Optiononen/Tools" tab on the right and clicking by the English flag. Clony is no longer being supported because of the lovely legal climate in Germany towards anything to do with circumventing copy-protection. That's pretty much why Elaborate Bytes chose to sell the rights to CloneCD.

A wonderful alternative (and my new fave) is A-Ray scanner. It's new and constantly being improved. Here's a link:

http://www.aray-software.com/

3. ctbram

ctbram Guest

This is not a langauge problem. The setup cd rom pop up is not identifying the recordable drives correctly. If you look very closely at the jiberish it lists for the 2:0 and 2:1 drives you will see it is exactly the same.

I can't change langauge until I get past the cd rom setup screen and as the application is mis-identifying, or unable to enumerate, or whatever, it can't identify the drives and so I can never get past the cd setup screen.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

He he, when you aked for English I took it quite literal.

Is your ASPI updated and in good order?