1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there another way

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xboxrulz, Aug 31, 2004.

1. xboxrulz

xboxrulz Member

hey i was just wonering if there is another way to burn xbox games without hooking my xbox up to my computer. i just had a dvd burner installed aswell as a mod chip put in my xbox. i have no idea what evolution x is and what it does. can someone please help me with this.

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

No unfortunately there is no other way, unless you can rewrite your dvd burning firmware and be the first to do it.

Anyway - When you turn your xbox on without a game inserted that screen you see is a "dashboard". A microsoft dashboard at that.

Now the evo x dashboard different to the microsoft dashboard and allows you to alter many settings, and run many different applications off the xbox (or aftermarket) Hard disk drive.

In evo x, you can assign your xbox a IP address. This is used to network your xbox to your pc so you can back up your xbox games.

I can tell you where to get evo x (just not here). If you want it pm me.

When you get (if you choose to) evo x, you will need a ftp program such as flash fxp to connect to the xbox. Also you connect with a 'cross over' cable which you can buy at any good computer store.

Once you can connect you will need a program which can patch some of the data files on the disk. Namely the .xbe files. The same program also creates the iso (its a type of standard) file which you can burn to disk as an image.

You can get qwix or craxtion4 from the download section from www.xbox-scene.com or you can get craxtion 4 from www.craxtion.com, you will also need to download the .net framework which is linked from the site to run this program.

We can give you more help once you get evo x installed (best option with an auto installer) and have got flash fxp and craxtion or qwix on your pc.

Any more q's just post them here.

Clarky