1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there anyway to fix nero/alcohol image into xiso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by saudk, Mar 11, 2005.

1. saudk

saudk Member

i tried to backup one of my badly damaged xbox cds

this was before i knew anything about xiso and xbox having diferent format than pc

here is the lowdown

i popped my game in the dvd-writer and made an image with nero

then i burnt the image with nero

alcohol cudn't detect it wonder why it didn't give me any options when trying to burn so i couldn't burn it

anyway

nero burnt the image fine but when i put it in the xbox it didn't play obviously

now is there anyway i cud still salvage the nero image

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

If you knew there was a difference between the two formats, why did you put the game in your writer?????

It wont work that way, the nero image is useless.

3. saudk

saudk Member

i didn't know anything about xiso's than
    i thought it was a normal dvd i didn't even bother to check the contents using explorer

but now after reading xbox scene and after dawn forums i am a bit wiser

but im sure there should be some way to retrieve the data becuz it shows the same size as it were an xiso image

also one more question can xbox standard dvd handle dvd-rws its a shame that i have to waste expensive dvd-rs just to test if it works

what if i switched the dvdrom to my writer or another dvdrom taht i have

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

No it doesn't. It only shows the size of an xiso image if you have the xiso. It won't show the actual files from the disc just by popping it in.

You just made a statement saying you were a bit wiser after reading at different forums. So if this is true you should know that switching your xbox dvd rom drive won't work. Windows won't recognize it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  5. saudk

saudk Member

first things first

i meant changing the dvdrom in the xbox to my dvd-rw so the xbox can read my dvd-rw discs

second...
    as long as i made an image of the xbox disc data regardless that windows can read it or not....
    i should be able to convert it so that xbox can play it
    becuz how can the disc be 2.0 odd gb and yet have nothing in it

im sure there must be a program somwhere that can convert the nero image into an xiso image

after all, the data is still in the image or disc its just unrecognizable by windows and the xbox...all we need is change it so xbox can read the data

anyway thanks for your help guyz

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

There isn't a program that can do it, although it probably can be done. But why even go through the hassle? There's a lot of programs out there that can do it instead of trying to convert Nero to make an xISO.