1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there really a difference when recordings AUDIO CDs?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Axnjxn, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Axnjxn

Axnjxn Member

Greetings... I'm trying to gain vivid, nonrefutable evidence that recording to "special" "audio" grade CD-Rs are any better in sound reproduction than that of the average say Imation CD-R or FujuFilm version CD-R?? I use only Plextor Drives so the copying is going to be flawless, but I've recorded an inumerate amount of CDs to regular NON "audio" grade specific CD-Rs... Just wondering if I should make a change for the future? Yes I am a serious music listener to all variations I might say too. But never thought there was a necessity to actually seek out audio grade CD-Rs ~ Anybody? ~ Guidance? Anything would be appreciated..

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

there is definately many levels of quality for computer CD-Rs go as far as reliability, and burn compatibility. But there is no difference in audio quality between computer CDRs and audio CDRs. The only reason they make audio CDRs is because most stand alone recorders only work with those, supposedly.

3. Axnjxn

Axnjxn Member

Roger... And that's pretty much what I thought too. There are only 5 Die combinations for CD media in the first place... I just wasn't sure if they actually created a specific quality garnering the best reflective output for audio. - Thanks for your time!