1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there something in NeroVision that could bleep out swear words ?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Guyy, May 2, 2007.

1. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hi All,

A question pls : Is there something in NeroVision that could bleep out swear words while editing a video file? If not, what other software could do it?

Thanks.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Guyy
    No not that I know of. Would be kinda tough trying to edit out w/ Vision unless you had the exact spots where the words were. Might work but would be tedious.

I knew their were some companies that specialized in 'cleaning' dvds just can't remember the names.

Here's a dvd player that says it does it: cleanplay

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

one good thing to do if you are having a problem with language is to make sure the movies that you buy, make sure that the rateing is G, and that way you will know that there won't be any swear words in the movie, and as far as if you can edit out the swear words in nero the answer is no.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  4. Greghead

Greghead Member

Sorry if my terminology is a bit off, I'm working from memory but: When you're in video editing mode there's the 2 tabs low down on the left of the screen, one which lets you see the blocks of video which you are editing and the right hand one switches to the mode where you can see a magnified timeline with a vertical line cursor. If I remember righly the part the cursor is moving over shows you the existing video and audio streams as wavy signals but underneath there's further rows where you can place additional audio. In there you can add sound files which play over the top of the original sound, I assume it's intended for adding backing music or narration/commentary. So what I would do is find a wav (not sure if wav works with nero) or MP3 file of a loud beep or suitable noise (or record one using one of the sound recorder programs in Nero or Windows). You can add that file to the asset list and I think just drag and drop it into the timeline at the right points to drown out the swearing. You can't blank the original sound out but if the beep is loud enough you should be able to cover it up somewhat.

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

there is no way you can do that with nero, like i said if you are worred about what is being said in the movie that you want to watch, that you are going to buy, make sure that the movie is rated g that way you will know that there will be no swere words in that movie,good luck