1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there such a program?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by krist67, Jan 18, 2004.

1. krist67

krist67 Member

that can allow you to adjust the equalisation of mp3's to your own liking and then burning this equalisation with the mp3's onto an audio cd. so bassically muck arouund with the sound levels and stuff and then burn the songs after being adjusted to the "correct" sound levels.
    what is thee program?if any?

2. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

don't quote me but i think that atomix or dj red might give you that capability....atomix is cool, you can speed up or slow down the song and not change the pitch.....i don't know if they have freeware though....good luck...no worries

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

mp3gain does just what you're asking(i think) and its free and doesn'd do peak normalization(which just amplifies the quiet parts) it raises or lowers the volume of an mp3 file throughout, and its lossless.
    here's the page: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

4. cleft

cleft Member

Thank you for the link. Been needing this for a long time.

5. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

If you can find it, a program called 'get it on cd' by steinberg allows exacting control over volumes. I use it for combining live cd's so they sound like it all came from the same cd. What it does is put all the tracks side by side and you can see the volumes for each track and you grab each individual track and raise and lower the volume and you see it compared to the other tracks.