1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this a common problem with nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rickybee, Sep 27, 2004.

1. rickybee

rickybee Member

ive been converting and burning video files with nero 6 but sometimes video and audio are out of sync is this a comman problam as im wasting loads of discs.
    can anybody tell me wot software to covert wma files to dvd and the best burning program to do disc to disc burning of all ready copyed dvds \ive been told alcohol is a good program.
    thanks
    ricky.

2. rachelb

rachelb Member

hi try dvd shrink.put dvd into pc,run a few secs of the film,click on dvd shrink.click on full disc,then go from there.must have a dvd burner for it to work,its great bit of software.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

4. tricky1

tricky1 Member

I also convert mpg's to dvd and I do come across the odd one out of sync. I usually check them before burning because I find in my case it is in the conversion to dvd where the problem occurs and not in the actuall burning.
    If I get 1-2 hour mpg that goes out of sync I re-author the file by splitting it into 1/2 hour segments, that usually does the trick. The problem with that is I dont know it is going to be out of sync untill I have gone through the conversion process. I havnt found the reason why one mpeg will be ok and the next one goes out of sync

5. rickybee

rickybee Member

hi rachelb thanks for your tip
    but i cant open avi or wma files in shrink do i need to convert first.
    do u know wich is the best software to convert for speed and quality and wot do i need to convert them to is it mpg2 so it then ready to burn to dvd disc

6. rickybee

rickybee Member

hi tricky
    thanks for your reply
    you said you check before u burn can u do this in nero or can u tell me wot software to use to convert avi and wma video files with speed and quality as nero takes me about 5-8 hours is this normal is clone dvd a good burner thanks ricky bee

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  8. rickybee

rickybee Member

sorry first time in forum wont post more than one thread sorry a.d crew

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No worries. We just need to keep things tidy :)

10. tricky1

tricky1 Member

Rickybee
    I don't convert AVI's, I convert mpegs to dvd using DVDpatcher and Tmpgenc dvd author.
    But I check the converted dvd video using windows media player. It does the trick for me. I can scroll to the end of the movie and check for sync problems, if none then burn with Nero