1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a common problem?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by padres858, Jul 10, 2005.

1. padres858

padres858 Guest

Newbie here... I just burned my first DVD using Nero and it will not play on my DVD player. The DVD player is part of an Emerson TV/VCR/DVD combo package, and I get the message that the playback feature is not available for this disc. Does anyone know why this might be, and how I can avoid this problem in the future? Thanks.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Will the disk play in other players or in your computer?

3. padres858

padres858 Guest

bbmayo:

Yes the DVD plays fine on my computer, so I know that the data is on the DVD. It also plays on my Dad's DVD player, which is a JVC DVD/VHS combination that he uses to convert video tapes to DVD. However I have tried the DVD on 3 other DVD players and it will not play. Do you know what the problem may be and what I might do to avoid this problem in the future? Thanks for all your help!

4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

What media are you using?

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

are you using DVD dash R or DVD plus R ? blank media
    make sure your using good blank media as in Taiyo Yuden,Verbatium or Ritek burn at 4X max with nero also.
    And if your using DVD plus R booktype your blank media to DVD-ROM that will help on it being more compatable with standalone DVD players.
    What are you ripping the DVD with also before you burn it with nero?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

padres858,

The two posts above mine pretty much covered it you need to get some quality DVD media.. Check out the link in my sig (the second one) there is some good info there on what and were to get some better media.

:)

7. padres858

padres858 Guest

aabbccdd -
    The DVD I used to burn this particular movie was a Maxell DVD-R. What I don't get is that I used one of these same DVDs to burn another movie with Sonic MyDVD, and that movie plays fine on all my DVD players. To answer your question on DVD ripping, I did not rip any DVD, I downloaded the file from BitTorrent.

Also... what do you mean when you say I should "booktype" my media to DVD-ROM? Sorry I'm new at this! Thanks everyone for all your help.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

theres a setting in your nero program when your burning
    click options and book type the DVD plus R to DVD-ROM
    but if your using DVD dash R then you wont have to do anything