1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a Nero problem or hardware problem?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by robigouk, Feb 12, 2007.

1. robigouk

robigouk Member

Hi All

OK - simple question. I'm using Nero 7 and until last week was using my LITEON burner which came with my ACER pc. Then last week, it started making a funny spindly noise when I put a disk in and the PC didn't recognise it. So this weekend replaced it with a LG 18x DVD DL/+/- all singing dancing drive. The installation was simple, windows xp installed it no problems and it's burning fine.

HOWEVER - I'm using blank x8 DVD-R disks and Nero is only giving me one speed to write at - 4x. When I had my LITEON drive (which was a 16x compared to this new one being an 18x) I could choose from 8x, 4x, 2x speeds to write. Now I'm only getting 4x.

Any idea why - there's no other problems with the drive.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Run Nero InfoTools and see what it says about the drive--maybe it is just seeing a standard drive.

You might also look at or post a NeroHistory log to see what it says about the drive and how it is set up.

I am assuming the drive is capable of more than 4x on the media you are using? I don't suppose you have it set to use DVD-9 dual layer media (may not make any difference)?