1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this computer sufficient for my needs?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by bigtalker, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bigtalker

bigtalker Member

Hi everyone,
    I am a real estate agent who is in the market for a new laptop. I am considering the laptop listed below, which I know will suit my day to day needs just fine. However, I am considering getting into more video and web design to use in conjunction with my business. Do you think this laptop will have sufficient resources for large file editing with Photoshop, and how about video editing potential. Any help is greatly appreciated!

HP Laptop Details

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

had a quick look at the link.says the processor is 2.2 ghz (3.1 with turbo) seems kinda slow to me for video editting.also the hard drive is 5400rmps which is slow.ive done a bit of basic photo editting on photoshop 7 and that can run on old computers but apparently the newer versions use a lot more system resources.

3. bigtalker

bigtalker Member

What about this laptop? Any issues as far as manufacturer, specs, etc?

Ebay Laptop

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the new laptop you posted looked pretty much the same as the other one.just had a look at a few sites and apparently an average laptop hard drive is 5400rpms,im use to using a desktop.still think you'd be better off with a hard drive at minimum 7200rpm otherwise you will notice its slow tranferring data.
    not sure about video editting on a laptop,most use desktops for that.if your gonna use a laptop for it you want a fast processor the processor in my computer is a quad core intel Q8400 @ 2.66ghz your gonna want something faster.