1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this iso corrupt? is there any way to save it?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by teegees, Aug 24, 2004.

1. teegees

teegees Guest

i have a pair of .iso files which appear corrupt although my knowledge of such things is limited.

i succesfully burned the file to a cd-r with nero 6.0.0.16. while the cd was full it was in a RAW format which i guess is just junk and i couldnt use it for anything.

so i downloaded cdmage and a isobuster to play with the files. i tried all the iso formats in cdmage but i recieved either a invalid file format error(m1/2048) or file length doesnt match sector boundary(every other format) except when i selected to open it under the raw image type. this brought me a dialog box to detect the image type and make a .cue file. but this failed with the following error(image type is different then assumed) no matter what i did.

isobuster showed the image as just a single large track with no folder/file organization. i tried to search for a file system but nothing came up.

so my guess is whoever created the iso did a bad job and this thing is junk. but im new to this so maybe i missed something.

is there any way to save this file?

thanks.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm afraid not. If someone has an answer, he's well welcome.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If you had no luck with IsoBuster, then I believe your outta luck m8. What is the origianl names of the iso files?

4. teegees

teegees Guest

ty for the replies. the original names are:
    freelancer CD1.iso and Freelancer Cd2.iso