1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by 8pcx9, Jan 22, 2007.

1. 8pcx9

8pcx9 Member

Can I use a 5g video ipod and install a program on it such as a game like sim city or some other program. What i am wanting to do is install the program onto my ipod and then plug my ipod into another computer and be able to run the program or game straight from that.
    Thanks

2. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

you can put linux or rockbox on, if thats what you mean(?)

3. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

It may depend on the program, but it should be possible, it's just acting like an external drive, I've done this before with some software that would play music from the iPod so that I could play it on computers without having to have iTunes installed, I would just install the program on the iPod, and then run that program on the other computer. It's worth a shot, I'd be interested to know if it works.

edit: the only problem I can think of is if the install also installs some registry keys or data in a different folder, then you would have problems since those wouldn't be on the other computer, that's why I say it would probably depend on the program.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. 8pcx9

8pcx9 Member

ok thanks i think i will try it with a very simple game or program of some type, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to mess w/ the hard drive and files and let me not be able to turn or use the ipod again.
    Thecraigc: i didnt want to put an OS on it i just wanted to put a program on it like john mentioned
    thank you