1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this true with Live?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Boricuapr, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Boricuapr

Boricuapr Member

I heard that if you wanted to play live, you can't have Evolutionx on your hard drive because live will detect it and you'll get banned is this true. Is there anyway around this? If so can you let me know how to do this. I don't want to keep putting a disk in for boot up.
    Thanks
    -Fredo
    ps this is the post where I got it from
    How to play on Xbox Live with a non-flashable modded Xbox
    The most important thing to know is that your MS dash must be named xboxdash.xbe. When you first run Xbox Live, it will update that file with the new MS dash with the Live tab. So, you may ask "What about EvolutionX?" Well, sorry guys, but you will have to run EvolutionX off a CD.

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

you have to use an original game with the mod-chip turned off but thats all i know honestly. they will ban your IP address if you try to log on with a modded box.

3. jtbox

jtbox Member

they will ban you xbox not you ip that would be too easy microgaysoft isnt that dumb. they ban the xbox unit itself to get back on u have to do some crap its all on xboxscene

4. stryfe01

stryfe01 Member

dont be stupid if you have/want live. buy the original game, andmake sure that evox is not your default dashboard. if it is when the game does a dashboard update it will nuke your evox dashboard. second you can have a modchip, just make sure that your cchip is always off when you go to play any live enabled game. again only originals wil work..if you try to go on with a backup you will get banned within a week.

5. stryfe01

stryfe01 Member

dont be stupid if you have/want live. buy the original game, and make sure that evox is not your default dashboard. if it is when the game does a dashboard update it will nuke your evox dashboard. second you can have a modchip, just make sure that your cchip is always off when you go to play any live enabled game. again only originals wil work..if you try to go on with a backup you will get banned within a week.

6. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

so the only thing to worry about is changing the original dash to xboxdash.xbe and turning off the chip?

7. Boricuapr

Boricuapr Member

Ok problem, I didn't read stryfe01's post
    untill today. And my friend just try to play Ghostrecon backup on live it didn't work but he played his other original back up and it worked find I left a message this moring telling don't try that again and that your probblably going to be banned within a week. My question is that he has another xbox but it's messed up, it doesn't want to read any games.But the hdd still works can I just swap the hdd so it can have a different EEPROM. would that work.
    Thanks for your help
    -fredo

8. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

And for what I understand is that your hardrive has to be locked. I never heard about having the original game though. Thats a new one to me.

9. JAYO

JAYO Member

ur xbox is banned at the IP address of the network card.....not ur HD.

That means if you go on LIVE with a backup copy, you xbox will automatically get banned.

10. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

You cant be banned by ip address. Most likly the epromm has be fudged by live if that was the case.

11. xboxgamer

xboxgamer Member

hey..you will be banned by your hd number or something like that. Not your ip address because thats so easy to change, if you have a DHCP server. Anyways, if you get banned read the tutorials on xbox-scene and they'll tell you how to get a differen't id number thing on your hd so you can be back to playing LIVE.

Last edited: May 16, 2003