1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is weed bad?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by c4iscool, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

But if it helps a cancer or glaucoma patient then for them,
    (the short-term user) would pose virtually no health risks.

Like was said before it all comes down to moderation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  2. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

cigs are a b*tch. we should be talking y we don't outlaw them.

3. philipman

philipman Regular member

no way cigs are good I know the risks of smoking it is clear. If you want to die then let that be less people on this earth.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I have smoked weed Mik3h,no side effects on my part and I can say I have done it a considerable amount of times.Cigs are probably the most addictive drug there is no lie if you think about it.The government can't ban cigs,because there are too many people that smoke.Think about it,if they ban cigs then what would come next probably every drug out including alcohol.It wouldn't help if they banned cigs it would only stir up an uprising.As Jizmak proved Tabacco is the biggest threat and the chart is actually on target to be honest.Store bought drugs will have a stonger effect than any illegal drug.For one they are cheaper to get,the other reason they are legal so you can get them anywhere(cigs,alcohol etc...).Not to mention some of the over the counter drugs also are bad for you like at RiteAid or any medicine shop.They have side effects out the ying yang watch a commercial for any over the counter drug.They will mention about 20 side effects very fast to where it is not understandable,but yet nobody really talks about this issue either.Almost every drug whether it is prescription or illegal has a side effect,no matter what the drug is.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

The government can't ban cigs because they get so much profit from the companies. ;)

-Mike

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

True they get a big profit from cigs,but think about it how long have cigs been around right.They have been around for a century,indians brought us the tabacco and people been smoking ever since.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah, they'll never outlaw cigarettes. There's just WAY too much money in that, and the government has their hands in that.

I really do wish the FDA would regulate the amount of drugs that come out that are causing all these crazy side effects. I'm sick of seeing these commercials - the list of side effects is long and sometimes they're pretty bad. The sad thing is that people see these commercials for Paxil and all them other ones and go tell their doctor, "I need that," then a lot of times the doctor will prescribe them the drug just because either they're making money off it or they're scared that if something happens to the patient they're gonna get sued. It's pretty sad. I don't even like taking aspirin for headaches. I don't take cough medicine at all. Last time I took Nyquil I lost my voice for 2 weeks.

Wow did I veer off topic ;)

Weed has never killed anyone, as was shown before. When's the last time you saw a violent pothead? People get drunk and do stupid shit that gets them or others hurt or killed, weed'll make you do stupid shit but nothing violent. Just stuff that makes people laugh at you. And isn't laughing good for the soul?

8. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi all,
    I agree with most comments :^)
    Well maybe not - but they have already outlawed [bold]smoking[/bold] them, LoL!
    Soon the only place you will be able to smoke tobacco, in this country, is in your private residence or automobile (and not in the presence of any minors) or outdoors.
    Municipal/regional governments are talking about passing bylaws restricting outdoor-smoking within their jurisdictions, too...
    For the record:
    Alcohol is water-soluble; is excreted from the body by water-soluble means (urine, blood, exhaled air) and all traces are gone within 24 - 36 hours.
    THC is fat-soluble (and insoluble in water).
    It builds up in the body, and is excreted slowly.
    It collects in fatty tissues within the body, notably the brain and the gonads.
    If a test was developed for roadside detection of THC-impaired driving (note: any Toker will tell you, weed does not impair their driving!) then a major Police objection to decriminalization of weed would be overcome.
    Weed would be decriminalized already in Canada, except for heavy pressure from our friends the Americans. They have promised to make a mess of the Border and any quick easy border crossings...
    Well maybe, since they have recently fooked up the Border anyway, this argument will carry less merit in Canada as time passes and the U.S. gets more & more paranoid...
    Anyway, I tell ya, this tobacco-ban shit has really fooked up going to concerts!
    Ya can't even burn a spliff at concerts anymore, because you stick out like the proverbial sore thumb ;^(
    Man it's bullshit...
    I've smoked a lotta shit at some of The Best, LoL
    OK for example:
    Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon World Tour, Hamilton Ontario, 1972.
    Supertramp, Maple Leaf Gardens Toronto (both nights), 1976
    And, Rush - they used to play the Gardens every New Year's Eve like clockwork... makes me cough just thinkin' about it :^) LoL
    A little weed never hurt a soul. You won't find tokers pukin' in the parking lot or punching each other out, at 2AM! They are home watching movies (and munching snacks).
    BTW I've got a real nice XviD copy of the recent Reefer Madness release on DVD. What a film!
    Y'all should rent the DVD and checkout this guy 'Grandpa Ganja' who has a hilarious 30 minute film included on the DVD.
    He's fantastic (and even older than I :^)
    Check him out:
    http://www.grandpaspotbook.com/
    Anyway, you probably can't have Americans runnin' around all smoked up - they've all got guns!
    Yeah, you laugh - but George, he ain't laughing...
    L8R

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

This was true for me at first, but after years of heavy smoking (and other drug useage, which I actually think had a little more to do with it), I'd zone out at red lights and not notice when they'd turn green, I'd be coming up to a red light and stop, not noticing that the light turned green before I got there, just stupid things like that. I'd drive really slow too, whereas when drunk I used to drive really fast, so driving stoned is not as dangerous as driving drunk, although sober is the safest of course.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah I agree 100% squizzle. After a while it became pretty aparent its not very smart to drive on weed if you smoke alot. I'd rather have a few beers and drive than smoke weed and drive, but you really shouldn't do either

11. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Results

All subjects were willing and able to finish the driving tests without great difficulty. Data from one male subject were excluded from the results because no drug was found in his plasma after smoking.

[​IMG]

thanks OGS Greate site :)

12. Mrs_Taz

Mrs_Taz Member

Three men are sitting in a room smoking cannabis. After a few spliffs, they run out of gear. One of the men stands up and says, "Look, there's loads more tobacco. I'll just nip into the kitchen and make one of my speciality spliffs."

So off he goes into the kitchen where he takes some Cumin, Turmeric and a couple of other spices from the spice rack, grinds them all up and rolls them into a huge spliff.

On his return, he hands it to one of his smoking partners who lights it and takes a long drag. Within seconds he passes out.

Ten minutes go by and he's still out cold, so the others decide to take him to hospital. On arrival the nurses immediately take him to intensive care.

A doctor returns to the friends and asks, "So what have you been doing then? Drugs?"

"Well sort of," replies one of the guys, "but we ran out of gear, so I made a home-made spliff."

"Ahh," replies the doctor, "And what did you put in it?"

"Oh, just a bit of cumin, some turmeric, and a couple of other spices."

The doctor sighs. "Well that explains it."

"Why, what's wrong with our friend?" asks one of the men.

Replies the doctor, "He's in a korma."

13. djscoop

djscoop Active member

dude 1: hey bro, what are the side effects of smoking weed?

dude 2: well, I know that the number two side effect is memory loss.

dude 1: whats the first one?

dude 2: Uh, I don't remember....

14. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

15. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

I like the slut pic.

16. philipman

philipman Regular member

nice pic, I got that video!weed is great but not every day. Just every once and a while.

17. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Television talk show host Montel Williams, makes his remarks during a news conference with several lawmakers on Capitol Hill to introduce legislation to protect medical marijuana patients from arrest Wednesday, May 4, 2005, in Washington

[​IMG]

18. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Man, does he look pissed off!

19. Mrs_Taz

Mrs_Taz Member

A stoner called the fire department and said, "Come quick my house is on fire!" The Fireman asked "How do we get there?"

The stoner says "DUH, the big red truck!"

20. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

Montel does look pissed. I guess the gov't should never try to take weed from a stoner. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.