1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is weed bad?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by c4iscool, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rap4life

rap4life Guest

how do u stop people from somking weed?
    the government should sale weed and put a weed tax.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2005
  2. nachoguy

nachoguy Member

im not missing the point. he said alcohol was a drug and its legal, and weed is a also scheduled as a drug by the US government yet its illegal. his point was that because its also a drug like alcohol, then it should be made legal like alcohol. my point is that it doesnt matter. heroins a drug, weeds a drug, alcohol is a drug. justification for one isnt justification for another. each drug should be weighed out and deemed legal or illegal on its own.

personally though i feel marijuana should be legalized.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

DONT fool yourself people smoking pot is def. BAD for you, no matter how you try to justify it. ALL the excuses in here trying to justify smoking it is just a plain and simply COP OUT period.if your gonna smoke it DONT try to make excuses for it JUST say i smoke it and deal with what happens to your health and your life after smoking the crap for 20 plus years. one thing for sure it DOESNT help your life , health etc. So be a man and admit it aint gonna help your life out and probably WILL damage it IN THE LONG RUN.

4. nachoguy

nachoguy Member

What an assinine statement. Do you have any proof to back that up?

So far from my experience, the only negative consequences from weed are
    legal reasons (as long as i dont get caught i have no problem here)
    lung health (yeah its smoke, of course its bad. i cant believe smoking a couple bowls a week is really that harmful to a healthy person)
    getting fat from getting munchies

I'm not concerned with the legal issues because I don't do it in public and I don't feel the government should be able to control me anyway, so I have no moral qualm with it. I'm not concerned with my lungs either. I keep myself in decent shape, I don't smoke cigarrettes, and I occasionally smoke a bowl or J. I have to say my lungs are much more irritated from going to a pool hall, or bowling alley, or smokey resteraunt or bar. I'm not terribly concerned with getting fat. I noticed I gained a little weight while smoking and I cut back the amount I smoked and started eating a healthier diet all 'round. I also excersize to keep that in check.

Am I in top mental performance at all times? no. Do I need to be? no.

Alcohol has done me way worse than weed ever has, and as far as I can tell, ever will. I don't have a problem with either of them, but I just don't see marijuana as being very negative, if at all, on my health. I do see alcohol as very very negative for me and many other people(everyone who drinks), but I enjoy drinking and I accept those negatives with it.

Doing both in moderation is not that bad for you.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

keep fooling yourself there bro. check back in another 20 years of smoking the crap and lets us know how your doing. one thing for sure YOUR better off NOT to smoke it. if you dont think so then you need major help. another cop out

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Sorry man I don't see where you are coming from saying it will destroy your life.I smoke it occasionally and I know the side effects,but still I am not scammed into thinking it will take everything I have away from me.We are only talking about weed here,if you really wanted to talk about drugs then lets talk about cocain,crack or heroin etc... the hard drugs.I admit weed isn't good for your health,but what really is good for your health.If you go on a diet aren't you effecting your health by not giving your body enough calories a day or even the protein your body needs.There are alot of things that can effect your health,but why is weed considered the most important from any other.It is considered a drug we all know that,but how different is it than alcohol.It isn't that much different and no it doesn't produce as much of a side effect as alcohol will.We all know drugs are not healthy,but still no one can stop how a person leads their own life.Not even if it is dealing with the government.If you check out most countries that have the hard drugs legal like Amsterdam.You would see the crime rate is alot lower and drugs are not much of a problem.Notice how the drugs are legal and not ILLEGAL.I think sometimes people smoke it just for the fact it is illegal,which could be true sometimes.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

weed affects everyone differently. I know people who are lazy when sober, but give em a joint and they'll take on the world. I know other people who are normal when sober and completely useless when stoned, and I know people who you wouldn't even be able to tell if they were high.

If you compare volumes of smoke, weed's probably worse for your lungs than cigarettes, but you don't smoke 20 joints a day do you? the average cigarette smoker smokes about a pack to a pack and a half a day (20-30 cigs). Therefore I think weed is not as bad for your lungs as cigarettes.

8. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

aabbcccdd man most people dont smoke weed like people that smoke 2 packs of cigarrettes a day. When i was smoking i just smoke on weekends and that is not going to do much to my lungs at all. I would be in more danger from the smog that hovers above Houston.

9. rap4life

rap4life Guest

the weekend weed somking is going to do damge to ur lungs but not like cigarrettes i think weed is not wrose then cigarrettes.
    DO u think weed is better for u then cigarrettes.
    Someone can just go in to any store and buy cigarrettes unlike weed do u think making it illegal stop people from abusing it unlike cigarrettes, will u take a risk of being arested just too somke weed every day.
    ____________________________________________________________________-
    weed should be legal. i dont use beer, or cigarrettes and any illegal drugs.

10. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

If beer is an illegal drug [bold]WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!![/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2005
  11. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i smoke daily, as i have for over 20 years, as i will continue to do so for the next 20. It's my god given right to do whatever the hell I want with my body so all you people that feel you somehow have the right to tell me what i can and cant do in my own home can kiss my rosie red ass! NOTHING you put in your body is good for you, but thats not the point, the point is that i know what i'm doing to myself and it's not of your business so kindly STFU! If you see me running around with signs that say "Dont drive on the freeway, you could get killed!" or "Dont breathe in this town because the factories have polluted the air!", then you can tell me what i can and cant do. I leave you alone, you leave me alone. Even if i'm doing somehting that is bad for me, so what, thats my choice and not yours.
    but back to the topic at hand, IS it bad for you? well maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I'll take that risk just the same as I risk driving to work instead of walking, even though walking is much much safer.

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

nicely put darth...even being in the medical profession myself, the bottom line is the right of choice to whoever feels the need to do whatever they want to their own bodies. :)

whether weed is bad or not for you, that is a debate that will never end or come to a resolution. naysayers will also have evidence to back up BOTH sides of the debate.

even as a M.D., i don't put down weed as it DOES in fact have quite a bit of usefulness medically, will i prescribe it to anyone that wants to get high? no, of course not. but i agree with the fact people have their RIGHT to do whatever they please, it's their life.

im not arguing with anyone FOR or AGAINST here..just been following this thread to see what people generally think of weed, everyone will come to their own conclusions, that is all anyone can really ask for~ :)

13. nachoguy

nachoguy Member

I must say though alot of people come to the "conclusion" that weed is bad with no evidence at all. The government made it illegal, therefor it must be bad for you.

14. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Kivory - thanks doc, thats all we can ask for. facts are facts, but some people will always have their own opinion. Just because the government doesn't think it should be legal, why does that make it right? They made alcohol illegal too for a time, but then brought it back. It isn't like everything to government does is right or morally correct. It's just a governing body doing what they THINK is right, but there will always be those that dont agree with them. That in no way makes us right or wrong, but i know it's my right to make a wrong choice if i want to.
    If i choose to smoke a bowl or roll a joint instead of grabbing a bottle of whiskey, then thats my choice. In my opinion i'm doing far less harm to my body by doing so. Plus i like it, and if i smoke too much i dont puke or feel like crap all day the next day. I dont get mean, or fall down sloppy drunk, or say stupid shit i dont mean, i dont get "pot goggles", I dont drive high because thats just stupid, etc, etc. I will continue to smoke pot until the day i CHOOSE not to. When my kids get older, whether they choose to smoke or not is their business. They will not be allowed to do it in my home until they are 18 and can make an adult choice. I know alot of people will call me a hypocrite for that, but it's my house, their my kids, and i do not feel it's ok to allow them to do something illegal in my home since i refuse to push anything on them. If they want to smoke, thats fine, but not until they are adults and can make that decision on their own.

15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i will have to agree with you there 100% darth~ :)

the government can kiss my a$$ with what THEY think is morally RIGHT and WRONG~ why do you think they brought back alcohol, it's because it's such a huge cash cow~ other than the pharmaceutical industry, which is THE highest grossing entity for the U.S. government, anything else "bad" for the general public is "good" for the government, they're the ones laughing their way to the bank~ :)

naturally, i think anything "in excess" is bad for a person's health, but, that does not mean i don't condone or do said actions. i smoke cigarettes everyday, about a pack and a half for the last 15 years, do i think cigarettes are bad for my health, OF COURSE~, but does that stop me? NO. as you said earlier, it's MY life and MY decision. do i care that everyone in my profession looks down upon me for being a doctor AND smoking as much as i do? they can all kiss my a$$ too~ LOL

anyways, everyone has their own opinions, but, to "keep the peace," to tell someone to do something based on your ones OWN biased opinions on HOW they should live their life, those people really need to STFU~

do what you must, but, mandating a way of life to someone else because one feels "morally obligated" to do so, HAHA i have no respect for people like that~ :p

16. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

well said darth.
    The government could make sooo much money off of weed by simply making people get a lisence to grow and pocess it (Maybe 2 plants per person). Hell, I know I'd pay $500 per year to grow my own gear. Plus once it's legal to grow it, the price will totally drop out of the market, meaning that it would be pointless to be a dealer.

17. squizzle

squizzle Active member

kivory, what's up my friend??

I think you have a good outlook on this, and it's good to see a doctor getting into this discussion (although I agree, there's no right or wrong answer here, just question of personal preference), someone who knows what this kind of stuff can really do to your body. People will always frown upon something that is illegal (most of society anyway), although I do believe that alcohol is much worse for your body.

18. nachoguy

nachoguy Member

There is a right answer though, we just don't know which one it is yet, and everyone has their own opinion of it.

19. rap4life

rap4life Guest

weed is bad for you i have the pic to prove i just look at mick dicka he is will and ugly women.

[​IMG]
    which brings me to my next point kids dont somke weed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  20. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hi squizzle, how are you doing buddy?

im not on here as frequently as i was in the past, but, i find some of these topics VERY interesting to say the least here on AD~ :)

everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether regarded as correct or incorrect, who is to say? i'm very anti-government myself, but have to make due since laws are in place for a reason.

when i was younger i tried weed before, i personally didn't "like it" very much, but hey, what works for some does not for others :p (you don't even know how many times i've said that in the dvd-media forum) LOL

anyways, it's interesting to see so many varied opinions on such a common topic~ have a good one friends~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.