1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is WinAVI still better?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by cynn, Jan 28, 2007.

1. cynn

cynn Regular member

I used WMRPro5 to capture some streeaming video. The wmv file format won't let me play on a standalone dvd player after I burned it to disk, so I d/loaded WinAVI to convert. I had no problem 2 months ago, but now I have problems like it stops at 8% converting, or it says no permission etc etc.

Im using the WinAVI trial version. Has anyone got a better software - fast and good image. Pls suggest or is WinAVI still the best?

2. hanaku

hanaku Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

They both are good programs and can do the job fine. I like winavi better cause it has a simpler interface.

4. cynn

cynn Regular member

Thanks for your feedback on software but that still doesn't answer my other question - why did the converting stop halfway (at 9%). What could be wrong? I recorded about 10 wmv files from the same prog at the same time. 2 stopped hlfway during conversion, the rest were okay, so I can't figure what's wrong. As for the balance 8, I burned onto dvd, plays fine on pc BUT on standalone, only 1 file plays, the others cannot be found (there are no menus for me to move about). Should I be converting my wmv to mpeg1 to enable it to play on stanalone player ? Pls help. I am stuck here till someone help me out.

BTW, is the quality of the softwar you use better than WinAVI? I found the quality slightly below the original after converting by WinAVI.

5. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

Do you use WMP11?
    WinAVI said that after use WMP11,some wmv files have something wrong with conversion.
    If this,maybe you can contact with WinAVI,they may help you.Besides that make sure your source files can be played normally.

6. cynn

cynn Regular member

No. Im using WMP 9. Help anyone? Im still stuck....

7. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

For your info,you can convert two files with problem again,and separate.If still unlucky,maybe can email to winavi.
    Besides that,you can check the files,make sure they are normal.Because winavi just stopped them not all.

8. Squall58

Squall58 Guest

spam removed

9. Squall58

Squall58 Guest

spam removed