1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is xbox 360 better than nintento wii???????

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by blue_fire, Feb 28, 2007.

1. blue_fire

blue_fire Guest

Is xbox360 better than nintento wii?

2. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Id rather buy the XBOX 360 than the Wii ! XBOX RULES !! !!

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you post this in the xbox forums...hmm, fanboyathon, perhaps?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Back it up with facts and/or observations maybe?

This one will be watched Aus ;)

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you're a beautiful man, Neph.

i prefer the wii, simply because playing games like Zelda with the motion-sensing controller is frickin' awesome. plus, it seems every forum-posting smacktard and his mother have a 360, and hearing the same old "1337 haxxor, yo" stuff commonly associated with the 360 gets old and throws me off. there tends to be less of that with the wii fanbase.

6. Nephilim

All we need to do is convince the ladies in Phoenix about that!

Sorry for the interruption. Back on topic folks :)

7. steimy

steimy Active member

personally for me it was a no brainer. The 360 is what i wanted. Motion sensor is cool and all that but i just do not see myself wanting tendinitis playing a game system. Plus most of the Wii games are for kids and they really lack the edgy type of games that i play.

It is really like anything else, it is a matter of personal preference. People who owned prior Nintendo systems will most likely lean toward getting a Wii, where prior Xbox owners will want a 360.
    Or if you are a real gamehead you will just own them all.

all i can say is that the 360 games rival that of a good PC game. Great graphics and gameplay (with the VGA cable upgrade).
    I am enjoying mine a lot.

8. Nephilim

For me, I'd totally get the Wii. If i want an edgy, hardcore game and killer graphics I nuzzle up to my PC but at my 35 years of age I kinda like the simplicity and goofiness of the kid games and could give a rat crap what anybody thinks about me playing them. As opposed to sitting in a pitch black room tense as hell wondering what's around the next corner in Doom 3 or FEAR or getting a diamond-producing pucker as I barely avoid skidding off the street and smashing into a wall in NFS, I can relax and have a good chuckle with the kiddie games. The tense games are fun as hell but they aren't the end all be all of gaming. I also really like the tendonitis controller, it's a nice implementation of a cool idea. Another reason I'd get the Wii is I've been put through so much crap here because of Sony and XBox fans I don't want to look at either one ;P

9. steimy

steimy Active member

"If i want an edgy, hardcore game and killer graphics I nuzzle up to my PC "

I do that too but i suck so bad with the keyboard and mouse that i just couldn't wait to be able to play some PC quality games like FEAR with my controller. I can never seem to get the PC controller configured right on the PC for FPS games, not sure why.

Plus the difference of my 19" monitor VS my 56" DLP TV

Like i said, all personal preference. I have plenty of friends who have them both and love them. I think it is Sony that is really feeling it though. Everyone i know either has a 360 or Wii or even both. I do not know anyone with a PS3

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

better than..better than..better than.. is that all people are interested in? the wii seems to be the console of the moment. tendo have hit the nail on the head by keeping the focus on games.. not a dvd player, and not trying to sell us a pc replacement.
    Priced to fly off the shelves it's a winner.
    #
    (Ooo fanboy type post from me.. I don't have one, and don't intend getting any of the current consoles. This looks like the ps1 of the generation..)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  11. navsav

navsav Regular member

Wii just won't look good on my 50" plasma! But I will tell you I came out of the Nintendo world - the 64 that is.

god Mario Party was my favorite game. A bunch of guys drinking beer and partying playing this game and gettin really competitive. Plus you can't beat those mario characters. Thats the biggest thing i miss with this xbox - no truly fun four player party games! Plus those were games that were easy to play with your buddy who is not into video games - try playin rainbow six with someone who never played xbox! Fusion Frenzy is trying to be the mario party for the 360 except it is not even close to the same type of game and the characters are these weird japanese style anime which is just not as fun as donky kong or luigi!!

Hey Neph - you live in Phoenix - cool so do I! Scottsdale to be exact. Lets get an afterdawn phoenix crew party going! I'll break out the 64 and we can play mario party!!

12. Nephilim

Wow, that makes four of us in Metro Phoenix now. I'm in north Glendale, forkndave is in Maryvale I believe and geestar20 lives about 15 minutes from me. G's a really cool cat and we hang out alot. There's another fella in Scottsdale but my broken brain can't think of his nick right now. We're gonna have to have some sort of AD bash one of these days :)

Ironically its the exact opposite for me. Keyboard and mouse is second nature to me but I bring a whole new level to the term 'suck' when it comes to game pads. Funny how different people are.

13. steimy

steimy Active member

"Ironically its the exact opposite for me. Keyboard and mouse is second nature to me but I bring a whole new level to the term 'suck' when it comes to game pads. Funny how different people are."

Yeah, i have really been trying hard. Even bought a decent optical mouse and gaming keyboard. But alass i still suck :(
    Good enough to play games by myself, but not against anyone online.

14. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

Dude 360 It has a more powerful processer and it has xbox live, and after two generations it still cant play dvd. Also the 360 has an hd dvd addon kit that will save lots of money in the end.

15. Nephilim

What people need to realize is "better" is not fact. "Better" is a perspective or opinion. That's why these "which is better?" threads drag on and on and on with the same people saying the same things to the same other people over and over again with hardly anybody, if any, ever changing their mind.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007