1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISDN

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by EYEShurt, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ya I know what you mean but I've personally shared a DSL line with 2 other computers using plain old rj45s (cuz im too poor to have the crossover .... wait now that i think about it ... it was also a switch involved too...)

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Okay, that makes more sense. You had me confused there for a while - and I don't need any help with that thank you. I'm confused enough without any help.

3. Praetor

LOL my bad then hehe ... ya it seems i forgot about that switch thing hehe

4. EYEShurt

EYEShurt Regular member

hi i think i know what i am going to do and if i do my net will be faster then my mums hehe [bold];) :)[/bold] no need to start a new thread but i was wondering when i build my computer on the case where the mobo stickes out what if the connections on the mobo (where usb connections are) are not the same as the holes on the back of the case

5. EYEShurt

EYEShurt Regular member

well? or thould i start a new thread

6. waroffice

waroffice Member

to link 2 PCs together (nic-nic) you [bold]need[/bold] a crossover cable, unless you have a good card, generally gigabit NICs have this function that can detect cable type and switch it.
    you can use a switch/hub to link 2 together by using straight patch cables, as for the price of a crossover cable its not that much more than a normal cable and they are very simple to make.

7. Praetor

Yes that would be a good idea.

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

EYEshurt, your mobo should have come with a plate that snaps into the back of the computer where the mobo connections stick out. You snap out the old one, put in the new one, and there you are.

If it doesn't have a new plate, first see if there are any knockouts on the existing plate, that would match the connections on the new mobo. If not, contact the manufacturer of the motherboard, and see if you can get a plate from them.