1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO 9660 error with my .bin file

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by wooooorm, Aug 27, 2003.

1. wooooorm

wooooorm Member

Hi and thanks for any help in advance...

Im having problems burning .bin files ... I just get a `ISO 9660` error whenever I try to burn the file...

I also get the same error whenever I try to open up the file using ultraiso/ winimage etc... so its not my software.. in some of the programs the error is listed as `problem with the file system` or something to that effect.

I have tried renaming the file .iso, which lets me burn the file using nero, but then it just ends up with a useless disc with no readable files... plus the bin comes with a cue file so I imagine it IS supposed to be a bin file...

is my file corrupt? the thing is it unzips correct, so the download is ok...

please help

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Dont be renaming a BIN to ISO and expect it to work hehe
    2. Considering you downloaded it, might it be a fake?
    3. Try opening it with CDMage.. if it doesnt open with CDMage then it probably wont open at all
    4. What are the contents of the CUE file? Make sure the CUE points to the BIN.
    5. Also, if you have the option of setting the mode type and sector sizes when burning (as with CDRWIN/Discjuggler) then make sure you set them correctly
    6. It might be worthwhile to try to create a new CUE file

To Create a CUE File Using CDMage: (1)Open the CD Image using CDMage, (2)File --> Save As, (3)Give it a different name. The save process will automatically create a CUE file.
    CDMage:http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html

3. wooooorm

wooooorm Member

FILE "C-PSPRRA.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

...thats what my cue file says

i think its fine and I cant open it in cdmage to create a new cue file anyway...

Any more ideas ? Basically what it comes down to is that there is an error with the file..

so my questions are 1 what is it 2 can it be fixed...

thanks again in advance and thanks for your response

4. Praetor

Well CDMage can fix errors in BIN files however if you cant open the file with CCMage, no error fixin is going to happen.

5. mac71

mac71 Guest

I think you have one choice if CDMage will not open the Bin file.

Delete it, it's probably corrupt beyond repair.

6. wooooorm

wooooorm Member

damn so some wanker spent god knows how long rarring and uploading a 600 meg file that was corrupted/... pathetic

thanks anyway guys

7. Praetor

Hmmm did you get this from, Kazza ? If so, let a lesson be learnt... Kazaa dum hehe. Lots of people post fakes and such all over the place mostly improve their rankings or something like that!

8. wooooorm

wooooorm Member

no it was off ircspy...

Its actually the second time it happened... ah well, it was stealing anyway. in saudi theyd cut my hand off or something.

a lesson learned..

9. mac71

mac71 Guest

It probably wasn't a fake file it just probably became corrupt over time. I have seen hardly any fake files on IRC, but it's possible.

10. Praetor

Agreed... i rarely find fakes there either. There is the usual bit of corruption tho but that occurs everywhere not just IRC.... and in most cases, the corruption occurs on your end of things :)