1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iso burns coasters

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ksywa, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ksywa

ksywa Member

just recently burned a few chinese movies using image burn,all coasters.audio garbled,video even worse.my dvd player takes it all,any kind of disc.
    newer had similar problems with burning.what is funny iso image from hard drive plays just fine using vlc media player.tried different double layer blanks(used: memorex,staples and office depot brands)still no good.no problems with shrink...
    what it takes?
    by the way any way to convert iso image to vts without burning first?

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Try mounting the iso on a virtual drive, then see if something like power dvd will play it. I can't find a guide for nero, or alcohol120%.. but usually it's something like right click on the file and select "mount" in the actions list.. If you have installed nero7 or alcohol120% you have the facility to mount iso and bin/cue files... You can tell if you have an application which provides virtual disk drives as they appear as dvd or cd drives on your system drive lists. (I do it differently on linux.. like this.. mount -o loop disk1.iso /mnt/disk .. I already have a /mnt/disk directory for this. I'm assuming you are a windows user..so that's just for any *nix users who were wondering howto...)
    If it plays fine then you can try ripping it just like you would a physical disk. It may be that the iso is for a different tv output standard from your dvd player, or that it is an iso made from a copy protected disk with something like blindwrite and is keeping the protection. ??? Not 100% sure.. get it mounted and play with some dvd ripping tools.