1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO file help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by benfica1, Nov 19, 2004.

1. benfica1

benfica1 Member

Hi all-I am new at this and wondered if you can explain to me. I have a copied dvd that will play in the playstation 2 and all other dvd players in the house but when I rip it to my hard drive and then burn it on another disc-it only plays on dvd players and not in the Playststion 2. Why is that??
    Thankyou for your help.

2. greengirl

greengirl Guest

The same thing happened to me. A friend of mine loaned me a movie she burned on to DVD. It will play on my DVD player, but I like the quality of playback from my playstation II. The only thing is when I put the disk in, it will not play. It doesn't even recognize that there is anything in it. The problem may be able to be fixed though with a "Mod Chip" soldered to the playstation. I know that by doing this, you can make backups of PS2 games on the computer on to a DVD R and it will then play on the Playstation. Playsttion made it a point to make DVD's playable on the system as a selling point. The reason that you cannot play DVD R or DVD RW on it is probably because of the fact that you would be able to bypass the security of it and easily rip games. If you want to play movies you copy on the computer from DVD's or elsewhere you will probably have to get ahold of a Mod Chip. There are actual kits that are for sale. Go to

http://www.copy-games.com/htcp2g.cfm

They have extensive information on the subject and alternatives. Hope this helps!

3. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

i ripped with decryptor, used shrink, burned it through Nero, used a dvd+R, and it plays on my dvd player in the living room, my pc, and PS2