1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iso files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ccaf, Sep 10, 2004.

1. ccaf

ccaf Guest

HELP! i had to format my notebook, i had a perfect DVD shrink and nero working then.
    NOW i have reinstalled DVD Shrink and Nero 6(the complete version) however now my dvd player can not read any of the disk i have burnt.
    my eyes are sore from reading. How can i fix this problem as now i have ruined over 15 dvd disk trying to fix this.
    i would like to burn and use that burnt copy in my dvd player which can read DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/ svcd/cd-r/cd-rw formates/ playbck is mp3/ wma.. is it in the nero?? my sister tells me is it the ISO?? (as you can tell i am not very good at fixing here)
    so how can i burn once again and use it in my dvd player?

2. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

did you Install new drivers for your DVD burner.

I don't know about "Burnt copy"

3. ccaf

ccaf Guest

i have installed everything i could find. all the disks that came with my dvd burner is installed.
    somewhere along the lines since i have formated my computer... i can not burn dvd's to read in my dvd player..

4. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Its hard to troubleshoot without knowing all the details.
    From reading your post I am understanding that the DVD
    burner will read other media types like DVD, CD, music
    and software for installing. Just not reading the DVDs
    you burned.

Or I am misunderstanding you and your trying to play them on your DVD player "set top" in which
    case do they play on your computer?

ok now i am confused LOL

If that is the case install the latest drivers from the
    manufactures web site. Also did you install all the
    drivers from your laptop manifactures web site.

Another cause could be just bad media. I would go that route first. Burn sonthing does it work?
    Cheap media goes bad over time.

Only use Verbatum or Ritek

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Amd 1200, ATI All in wonder 8500 DV
    383 133 ram
    80 GB HD
    Windows ME
    Memorex 8X DVD Dual format[/small]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  5. ccaf

ccaf Guest

ok i can start the shrink program and it goes all teh way, even burns.. i am using Nero 6 now the problem i have is that when i go to play this burnt disk in my dvd player which is fully loaded ... svcdd/ dvd/ etc i can not play them they say it is an invalid format. however i can put this same disk back into the dvd player and it will read the disk.
    i would like to play them in the dvd player attached to my tv not my computer.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

So you can play your "burned" backups on your pc, but not your standalone ... right?

Did you switch media by chance? What brand of media are you using? And did you update your burner's firmware?

7. flip218

Just out of curiosity ... What discs?

Did you install the most current version of Nero? And did you install InCD4?

8. ccaf

ccaf Guest

the disk that came with my dvd burner is called 'dvd rewriter' dual format dvd +- RW... i installed it into my computer.. then turned it on like the directions told me to do..
    before i formatetd my computer, i used dvd shrink and nero6 i could see the movie on my dvd player which is a 'koss model' that playes dvd/ svcd/ vcd/ cd/ cd-r/ cd-rw..
    now it seems that the disks that i have burnt recenlty are not readable in my dvd player attached to my tv which is the 'koss'..

i can watch this dvd however on teh dvd burner to my laptop and on the laptop..
    how can i change this so i can watch it on my dvd player 'koss'?

9. flip218

Again ... Did you switch media? And what brand of media are you using?

Which burner do you have?

10. ccaf

ccaf Guest

my burner is an 'i/o majic'

now what do you mean by media? i have not touched anything that orginally came in with DVDShrink

could the problem be with Nero 6? somewhere in there? i went out and purchased a new version of it , the full one so that i have the serial number also?
    by the way name's claire

11. flip218

I don't think your problem is with Nero, but you should use the most current versions.
    http://nero.com/us/nero-up.php

[bold]Definitely download and install #1 & #2. DO NOT INSTALL #3 (InCD4)[/bold]. The other's are up to you. [bold]If you previously installed InCD4 YOU MUST REMOVE IT[/bold]

What is the brand name of the discs your using? Format (are they +R? -R? +RW? or -RW?). And have you always used the same brand of disc?

12. ccaf

ccaf Guest

they are the exact same disk that i have always been using.. memorex dvd-r or memorex dvd+r 4.7 gb/

13. ccaf

ccaf Guest

hi again
    i have taken all of nero out of my computer then reinstalled it.
    the problem is still the same. when i went to read and burn the dvd, another one yet again.. lol, it showed up as incompatiable format on my dvd player, now i have checked it out on other dvd players at my friends etec and they too read thesame problem.
    i know this dvd burner, iomega is good, my sister has it and it works fine, i used it also before i formatted the dang laptop and it worked fine.
    do you think you can help me?

14. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear CCAF,
    Greetings from Hong Kong.
    I'm using DVD Shrink and Nero 6 myself, so maybe we can explore this problem a little more:
    When you start up DVD Shrink and want to do a burning job, you can choose among using Nero to burn it, creating ISO files, or Harddisk folder. What I usually do is to choose Nero to burn it, setting the destination drive to the only DVD drive connected to my PC (i.e. you have to change disks). All then works well, and the burnt disk would comprise two folders: Audio_TS and Video_TS, which would play perfectly on the DVD player on the PC as well as the DVD player connected to my TV. My understanding is DVD players connected to TVs only play back burnt DVDs in the above format, or in mpeg formats, so maybe you can refer to these procedures and check the resulting folders of the burnt disk. I also installed DVD43 on the PC to make sure.
    Good luck.

15. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

By the way, try using rewritable disks first for tests.

16. ccaf

ccaf Guest

hi
    very good idea about using rewritable disks. sure would save on make frizbies... lol
    ok
    i have installed that DVD43 now how do i use it?
    i just loved it when i put the new dvd in the omega burner and used dvdshrink let it do its job.. but now.. yes i still use nero 6 full version, as i went out and purchased a new one for myself
    i know it is buring the movie i am tring to copy but not to the proper format for my dvd player to read which again is a koss and it will read everything( well almost) svcd, dvd-rw etc.
    so can you tell me now how to use this dvd43 i truely appreciate everything everyone is doing here and hopeful one will work for me.
    claire

17. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

So you probably have not tried the method I suggested. But that's fine. The fact is unless you are into DVD Shrink for some particular reason, otherwise you can burn DVD, VCD etc. using just Nero and DVD 43 with extremely good results. First you launch DVD43. If you have the free version like I do, then the program would start up automatically when you boot your PC. You'll see a yellow face icon at the lower right corner of the computer screen, indicating that DVD43 is up and running, and has detected the presence of your DVD player. Then insert the DVD you want to burn into the player. The yellow face icon would turn into a green smiling face, indicating that the region code and CSS copy protection issues have been effectively dealt with. There is absolutely no need to set anything with DVD43, that's why it's so cool. From then on, you can start nero and do whatever you like. If you choose your DVD device both as the source and destination drive, I don't see how the resulting disk would be playable on the DVD player attached to the PC but not that attached to the home TV.
    Hoping to hear some good news from you soon.

18. Zenwarior

Zenwarior Member

My experience with this is to use ONLY DVD-R for playback in DVD players attached to the TV. Most players are compatable with -R. Especially Panasonic players.

19. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

-ccaf do you know if your DVD Player (home unit)can play bouth DVD-R and DVD+R because not all dvd Players play both.
    -Are the disk your useing + or -, and if you burnt any in the past are theythe same (+ or -).

20. flip218

I just want to clear a few thing up.

1) You don't need DVD43 ... Shrink is more than capable of ripping css encrypted dvd's. And the ones that Shrink cannot, you just rip with DVD Decrypter first ... then run it through Shrink.

2) If you do decide to get DVD43, you need v1.4 (I believe) ... That is the free one.

3) [bold]ccaf, ... You did not need to uninstall all of Nero. What you need to do is check to see if you installed InCD4. To check: control panel -> add/remove programs -> Do you see Ahead InCD4 or just InCD4?[/bold]

4) It makes no difference if you create an ISO or a Video_TS file. In my experience it matters what speed you burn at. I like burning at 4x or 2.4x ... What speed are you burning at?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 700GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro SP2, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004