1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO+files?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bumr055, Apr 28, 2007.

1. bumr055

bumr055 Member

Hey guys, I hope this is the correct forum... didn't see anything about burning in general.

So, can i burn an ISO file and other files?
    Also, if I do this, will it still be bootable?
    What program would i have to do this with?
    (i have Imgburn and Alcohol 120% but when i go to burn an image i can only select the ISO)

Thanks, Bumross!

2. onya

onya Guest

Just for you....

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/453492

As for virtual drives, Alcohol has probably created one for you. If not, this is available under options, and you can even select how many you want. Stick with one to start with as this is less confusing. :)

3. bumr055

bumr055 Member

Thanks...

i kinda realized what an iso file really is and that i can add files INSIDE the iso.

haven't triad it yet, so i might be back!

4. bumr055

bumr055 Member

I'm back lol!...

I added 3 folders with executables inside and burned the DVD but the it wouldn't boot from the disk... Cam you not add folders or exe's to an ISO? Did something go wrong during the burning process?
    Did I do something wrong editing the ISO?

Thanks again, Bumross!

5. bumr055

bumr055 Member

Is it possible that because the ISO was ripped from a DVD that modification would be detected and not allow it to boot?

EDIT: I forgot to say, I don't any errors when trying to boot...
    it just says "Booting from disk" or something like that then starts booting up the harddrive, like it thinks the disk isn't bootable. I think it does the same if i try to boot from a random disk that isn't a boot disk.

EDIT2: I did read the other reply and i am trying to make a backup not install... I didn't just ignore it, i know how to make a virtual drive.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007