1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO from AVI?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fishbulb, May 27, 2007.

1. thunderwa

thunderwa Guest

Slayerdee, from the title of this thread, I assume you're starting with an AVI file. But normally the subs are hardcoded (embedded into the video image) in AVI's, not included in a separate file. I'm not an expert, but have spent a good portion of my life recently on working out a routine for reliably converting MKV and AVI anime files into ISO's.

So are you starting with an AVI and trying to use DVDFlick to add subtitles from a separate file? Or is the file a different format? What format are your subs files (.ass, .srt, etc)? And have you asked about this on the DVDFlick project forum?

DVDF doesn't support all subs formats, and the couple of times I tried adding supported subs with it (using MKV files), it failed. In processing MKV's to keep the subs, I have to extract the subs, reconvert the video/audio into an AVI, then use another app to hardcode the separate subs back into a new AVI... THEN, I use DVDF to convert to ISO/VOB/mpg (for use in DVD authoring app).

If you want to hardcode subtitles to AVI, you can use AVI Recomp. Never a glitch, works every time, creating a new AVI that will work flawlessly in DVDF.

This might be confusing, sorry. I agree that your subs file may be corrupt as well, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to get subtitles to convert/add in DVDF. Assuming you are starting with an AVI file, downloading AVI Recomp and testing with it may save you a lot of time. You will know if your subs file is good or not, and if it works, you'll have a file you can just drag into DVDF and convert.