1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO HELP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 69ers, Dec 16, 2007.

1. 69ers

69ers Guest

Hey guys I recently got a movie it's in a ISO format but can i burn it to a disc but still have it play on a DVD player? with unraring it? THANKS!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i take it the iso is inside the rar file?

extract the iso and imgburn can burn iso format

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

imgburn dvd decrypter or nero will burn an iso file

4. philzone

philzone Regular member

an iso means that it is a cd/dvd "image" It does not imply what type of video it is. could be anything. if you have winrar installed, open the iso with winrar. it will tell you the files contained in the iso. if not, get "daemon tools"(freeware). "mount" the iso, and look at it in "my computer". that will also tell you whats in the iso. also, it will let you view the video before deciding weather or not its worth burning.
    If the files in the iso are all in a VIDEO_TS folder, then it should be dvd compliant. Some dvd players, however, will still play xvid, divx, etc...
    btw... isos show up with the winrar icon. it is not a winrar archive tho. remember, anything .iso is an immediatly burnable cd/dvd image, not an archive.

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest

No they don't... winrar files show up as winrar icons.

I'm going to throw my hat towards Rotary and suggest you use imgburn to burn that ISO to disk, it's a tough program to beat for quality... unless it needs compressing, then I suggest clonedvd.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007
  6. philzone

philzone Regular member

No they don't... winrar files show up as winrar icons.

I must be hallucinating then. Lsd flashbacks... every time i have seen this(for years). Thanks for clearing that up for me.

For whatever reason, winrar likes to associate itself with iso files.
    I think it is because of its ability to read contents(but not execute) of an iso.

7. res2cue

res2cue Guest

don't know, but mine have no similarities, winrar is three books piled horizontally, and .iso is white pagee with an orange and silver disk in the middle.

8. philzone

philzone Regular member

in the integration tab of winrar settings, there is a chekbox for iso. mine is UNchecked, but i still get the 3 book icon for isos. also, if i doubleclick an iso, winrar window opens, and shows the content of the iso.

9. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Well, if nothing else we learned that it's not always one way or the other... and I was worried I wasn't going to learn anything today. :)

btw, my ISO is also not checked. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007
  10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

when installing programs the last one can take over the reading of files!

check install options as apps load, tick or untick to associate or not, its normal, doesnt matter if you have unticked options after installing.