1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.iso to .gcm - how to do that ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by luckianm, Jun 4, 2005.

1. luckianm

luckianm Guest

this might be a stupid question i know... but i really have no ideea on how to do that or if its possible. ok, rectification... i know its possible, i just don't have the knowledge...

can someone pls tell me how to do that..

thank you

2. Betatestr

Betatestr Member

all you need to do is rename the file to .gcm, if your going to make a back up i think it needs to be .iso

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  3. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

It's better to show your extension file instead of renaming it [sometimes Windows will not recognize the extension if you manually rename it]. Here's how you do it:

[Windows XP]
    1) Right Click on Start Menu
    2) Tools > Folder Options
    3) View Tab
    4) Under Advanced Settings, find "Hide Extensions for known files". Uncheck that.
    5) Rename your files.

Note that this will change almost all files into "[file].[insert extension here]". For example:

Instead of SuperMarioSunshine - it will be:

SuperMarioSunshine.iso

-From there, you will change the .iso into .gcm. Make sure you include the period [or the file will not be usuable].
    -Be careful not to forget the extention [such as .exe, .txt, etc] for other files if you are renaming it. Taking the extension names off of files will not make them usable or programable.

=>CAR8624

4. luckianm

luckianm Guest

thnk you, that helped..... stupid thing is i knew that method....... and i dunno why but i juss figured that u needed to convert the files not juss rename them, guess i should sleep more and read those readme files more carefully, thnks again

5. clickbile

clickbile Member

Just so I don't have to make another few topics... I have a question about .DOL to .ISO/.GCM. I know it's a lot more complicated than that, but since Cobra BIOS 1.2 still can't properly load .DOL files, I was wondering if there was a converter around anywhere... that way, I can just make a Multi-Boot ISO.

Also, is there any program that can convert SNES and NES roms into .DOL or .ISO/.GCM?

Finally, is there any way to delete those goddamn topics made by that Tom54 moron?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005