1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO to Xbox Hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Jomo826, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Jomo826

Jomo826 Member

I have an ISO file and I want to transfer it to the xbox via FTP. I'm not sure what to do with this ISO to turn it into a playable game. My xbox currently has a dashboard installed. Anyone know how this can be accomplished?

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

ha dont put it onto your xbox! burn it to a dvd disk

if you want to backup your games to your HDD download the application DVD2XBOX then put it in the apps folder then boot up your xbox and its pretty easy to use..

p.s. you need a bigger HD if you want to backup more then 1 game on your xbox

3. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Well, you can do it one of two ways.
    1. You can get copy the ISO file to a DVD using IMGburn, then get DVD2Xbox and FTP that to your hard drive, then use it to copy the game from the disc to the hard drive.

2. you can use Qwix to extract the ISO into a folder, then FTP that folder onto your hard drive.

And like above i would really consider installing a large hard drive if you plan to play most of your games from the hard drive. The stock one will hold 1 or 2 games at most.