1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO to Xbox question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by modulus, Oct 2, 2004.

1. modulus

modulus Member

Yes, I am new, but I did spend quite some time searching these forums for an answer before posting this question.

If I create an Xbox iso on my PC, how/where do I ftp it to on my modded xbox (rather than burning it)? If there is a guide already, please point me in the right direction. I found many guides on creating ISOs and burning them, but none yet on getting them to the xbox. Do I have to extract the iso first?

Thanks,
    Modulus

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Hey man,
    Instead of ftping the iso over or whateva you were playin on doin, you could extract the contents of the iso, and then transfer them over to the xbox hdd. I would recommend Xiso.

3. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Atirocks is right, your xbox won't know how to handle an iso file, the contents need to be extracted into a folder. FTP into your xbox and place the folder into E/games, or F/games on your box. As far as the how, to FTP you need a FTP program like flashfxp, and you'll have to configure the settings in your dash. If you have Evox as your dash, those settings are located in system management/Evox settings.Go to http://www.xbox-scene.com/
    and in their tutorials section go to pc/mac/linux guides. They have some great tutorials there for networking to your box.