1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isobuster Help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by PhilRat, May 13, 2007.

1. PhilRat

PhilRat Guest

I am very pleased with the forums etc on AfterDawn & can now manage most media matters. A few years ago, I used isobuster to compress a photo folder to disk. I wanted to find/print a pic but I have no idea how to view or decompress of anything - I have a disk with CDI, EXT, MPEGAV, SEGMENT & VCD Folders.
    Please Help, these are treasured family pix

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Are you quite sure it was ISOBuster you used? Or maybe you used that program at some point, but what you are describing is a VCD (Video CD) slide show disk.

If that is right, you will need to extract the "slides" back to individual pictures.

To see if this is the case, does the disk play as a slide show if you put it into a DVD player connected to a TV?

3. PhilRat

PhilRat Guest

Dear Indochine,
    You are clearly a 'medicine man'; I did try the disk & YES it works. God knows what program I used to create it (Nero) - anyway, how can I extract an individual photo (or indeed all) to my computer.
    Thanks in Anticipation
    Phil

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

If you have PowerDVD, you can save frames as still images. There is a free program called VirtualdubMOD which can do it also.

Be warned. In converting to VCD format, the images will have been resized to 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL) This is likely to be a LOT smaller than when they were taken!! Unless you still have the pictures somewhere else, what you will get off the VCD will not resemble the originals in quality.

5. PhilRat

PhilRat Guest

Dear Indochine,
    Thank you so much for your help - to me it's invaluable - I think JC should walk in your shadow. Thanks for the advice on pic size, it's not too important, & yes I have the originals somewhere - Fnose where, when I find em, my wife promptly tidies them away in a 'safe place'.
    Once again Thank You
    Regards
    Phil

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

You're welcome. Post back if you hit any snags extracting,or want some hints, especially with VirtualDubMod.

7. PhilRat

PhilRat Guest

CHEERS