1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISOBuster help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by buscuit, Jun 14, 2011.

1. buscuit

buscuit Regular member

I have some personal DVDs I am trying to copy. Everything was going great until I realized that one of the DVDs I am trying to copy has a small crack on it. Its on the inner portion of the DVD near the little hole. Its not very large at all, but just enough that my computer's DVD drive can't read it.

I have asked around about a possible solution on how I can get most of the data off it. Most seem to think the DVD is trash since this crack is located on the inner part of it. Some suggested either using some scotch tape on the label side in order to maybe get it to read enough to then be able to make an ISO of it.

Others have suggested ISObuster. Would this program be possible to help recover most of the DVD? Does it maybe get all that info off it that is located AFTER the crack? I'm gonna try the scotch tape since I don't have much to lose at this point, but just wondering if anyone has had any luck with ISObuster for recovering DVD data and if it can do what I want (recover the other 98% of the disc).

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I have never had any luck reading a physically broken dvd; much less trying to recover the data.

You are welcome to try the tape trick. But I suspect just finding an undamaged disc to buy would greatly relieve your stress level.