1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue during a softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by bubbafat, Jan 31, 2010.

1. bubbafat

bubbafat Member

After about 4 hours of getting the hotswap done right to use the ndure, i used a tut. from another website

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-softmod-your-xbox...for-FREE/

and it went pretty well. But i was getting an error of like not enough space to copy the files over. So eventually i just copied over the files to see if it would work, and sure enough it did. But i found there was a slight issue. The first is the original msdash wouldnt start. Then the fact that there were like 6 different partitions in the drive. There was previously a modchip installed before we bought it but the chip was dead so it got yanked. But it still has one game and some emulators on. I was sorta wondering how i might be able to get it back to like a factory mode maybe fix some issues?

Then it wouldnt let me do the FTP, i actually used a tut. from this forum but it wouldnt connect. anyways sorry for the plea for help, just got a little stressed with how it was goin.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. scum101

scum101 Guest

cefxyz are normal.. they are all supposed to exist (not f on a stock drive always.. but as it's been chipped previously it's no surprise to see one).. a normal xbox partitioning scheme.

Find a slayers iso.. and use extractXiso to pull the image apart.. you will find a full factory set of C dash files on there. E will have 2 folders.. tdata and udata .. they can be left empty as long as they exist.. and it's as simple as that.. don't mess with drive locking or unlocking.. carry on with your obviously successful hotswap method.

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Use these if you want clean dash files, if you want modded dash files they're in my sig. Figure out what version you have and switch your files with mine...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010