1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Issue with connecting Hauppage Gaming Edition PVR to Vieja 32"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dr. Chupa, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Chupa

Dr. Chupa Newbie

Hey all,

I would be about to pull my hair out if I had any. I recently moved, right before we came here I purchased a used Panasonic Vieja 32" TC-L32X1. Tested it out, didn't see any problems, so fast forward 2 months and I'm setting up a game/recording room for my YouTube recording and the like. We purchased a Hauppage Gaming Edition PVR, no issues with it. Here's where it gets funky.

I connected the XBox One to the PVR via HDMI, then the PVR to the TV to run the HDMI passthrough so we can play in realtime while it records. No picture on the TV, just a blank black screen. Tried all 3 HDMI ports, no love.

After testing everything, I recognize it's the TV, I just don't know why:
    • Connecting the PVR HDMI out to either of our other 2 HDTVs works perfectly fine. However, the 46" is staying in the living room, and the other is a tiny TV we purchased for the bedroom, so swapping out TVs is not an option.
    • Connecting literally any other HDMI device to the Panasonic Vieja in question works. I've been using it as a second desktop PC monitor since we moved, and I tested hooking up our 360s, PS3, and both of our XBox Ones directly. Everything works across every HDMI port.
    It's weird. The only thing that DOESN'T work is exactly what I purchased it for- running the HDMI out from the PVR to the Vieja.

I have swapped out cables as well, as we have a plethora of HDMI cables. All the same results.

Whatever it is, it's the TV, but I can't for the life of me make heads or tails out of it. I've never seen anything like it. Any assistance or ideas anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.