1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with my Pioneer DVDR/RW Drive

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mlguts, Dec 29, 2001.

1. mlguts

mlguts Member

Quick question to see if anyone has had this problem before...

I have created a 2 gig video that I want to burn to a dvdr. To save from making frisbees I started trying to burn this to a RW. Using Quick Builder, I created a VIDEO_TS folder that has all of the directory structure necessary.

After that, I used Prassi PrimoDVD v2.0 to burn the VIDEO_TS Directory to the DVDRW. Strangely however, the at about 1.08 gig, the writer starts crawling. I mean incrementing perhaps 0.05 gig every minute. In the first 20 minutes, it reaches 1080 megs, then for the rest of the night (perhaps 9 hours) it gets to 1158 megs burned. No errors or anything. I stopped and even tried a simulated burn... same results... I also tried it on a DVDR thinking that my media may be bad.... same results.

I would think that if there was a buffer underrun or something, that there would be an error message...

Anyone ever see anything like this before? I am simulating other files ATM to see if it is the files from quickbuilder or not...

Thanks for your help in advance!

2. mlguts

mlguts Member

A followup on this issue.

Other general purpose files burn just fine. It is just this particular move/DVD Video folder. I am defragging the hard drive (however I don't believe this is the problem).

I wonder if somehow the VIDEO_TS directory was not setup correctly by Quick Builder....

ARGH :(

3. mlguts

mlguts Member

One MORE followup ---

Turns out that my new Maxtor HD was having problems... reporting bad sectors which accounted for the slow down (as it tried in vane to read the vid files).

Now with a new HD, the only problem I am having is when I try and put chapters in the movie using Quick Builder. The burn works great, however when the dvd player (in the computer and the standalone set-top) tries to seek to the next chapter it hangs.

Closer! No chapters, no problem. Strange though!