1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with recording on SA Explorer 8300HD DVR

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by jpcjpc, Jan 21, 2007.

1. jpcjpc

jpcjpc Member

Several times I have recorded a show after watching part of it and when I go to watch it, the last 30 minutes are not recorded. Sometimes this does not happen. I was playing around today and figured out waht was going on. The Explorer 8300HD DVR buffers up to the last 1 hour of show you are watching. If you have buffered more than 30 minutes before then selecting that you want to record, it saves 30 + the amount of time left in the show starting at the earliest point of the buffer. An example helps. Say I have been watching the show for 45 minutes and there is 20 minutes of the show left. The DVR saves 55 minutes worth of the show instead of the 65 that it should. The 55 minutes of recording begins where the buffer started and so I am missing the last 10 minutes of the show!!
    Does anyone know how to sync the max buffer time with the "recording" so I get all of the non-watched portion recorded (besides changing the end time of the recording maybe)?
    Does anyone else have this issue?

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I'm having a similar issue. Say I tell the cable box to record channel 2 at 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM and tell it to then record channel 3 at 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, it will not do it and most likely give me a "You are unauthorized to view this content error" It also freezes the first recording and displays the above error if I switch channels and start something else for recording. I used to have Dish Network DVR and it would automatically switch channels, record, and turn off. They kept it simple, easy and very efficient. Only con, i guess was that you couldn't watch and record different shows at the same time (unless the show being watched was from the hard disk) but apparently this doesn't let me do it either though its supposed to. Any help anyone? I am close to switching back to Dish Network. I love their service.