1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with UnleashX

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by emp1r3, Jan 25, 2008.

1. emp1r3

emp1r3 Member

Ok, so I have been using UnleashX soft mod on my Xbox for a good chunk of time now, and it works really well for me. However, I am now in a small bind. I recently purchased this game called Kingdom under Fire, or something like that, and did a backup on my HDD. The disk, which had some scratches, did not burn completely and i exited out, than rebooted.

Now we hit the issue...

My Xbox seems to attempt to boot into UnleashX, or it at least gets to that screen. However, as the UnleashX Logo fades, it comes back up. It does this over and over, and I have turned it off for fear of doing something to it. Does anyone know the issue, and if so is it fixable and how?

Just a couple of pieces of info to see if this can help provide a solution. I have placed in disks that I have gamesaves on my HDD with. The games load up fine and same with the gamesaves. It just won't let me into the dash.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  2. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

What do you mean by, "However, as the UnleashX Logo fades, it comes back up."? Is it in reboot loop? Where did you copy the game to, what drive? Could you have accidently overwritten your UnleashX dash? Do you have the ability to boot straight to M$Dash by turning the console on from the eject button? There is a program, or disk actually called SID, it has the ability to rebuild your softmod dash. Here is a link to Chunkhead's extensive list of everything you can or might want to do to your xbox, here you will find FAQs and software. Get SID and follow the directions on how to burn it to a disk, using the rebuild your dash FAQ you can then fix your problem

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/536595#3246424