1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues backing up EA/ Microsoft games

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by YIBackUp, Mar 22, 2005.

1. YIBackUp

YIBackUp Member

Hey guys, i recently started backing up my games due to destroying one, but when i use clone cd to back up my EA games (nhl2003, maddeen 2005, NFS:HP2, Underground, Undergroun2, rallisport, battfield vietnam, battlfield 1942) they all copy at about redicoulusly slow rates.

I've searched around and didnt find a solution, but i am new at backing up games and could have easily missed something.

currently i am using a lite-on dvd burner, with clone CD (demo version, full for 21 days) Ultra ISO was doing the same thing.

Thanks for any help, if this is an obvious tihng i overed looked im sorry, just direct me to a thread,
    thnx

Dave

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Are the originals in good condidtion or are they scratched/smudged up?

3. YIBackUp

YIBackUp Member

yes, the orginals are all in good condition. i try to keep my stuff fairly scratch/ smuge free, it seems like some protection. every play disk has this protection. its as if there is a fail sector to protect form making isos, but cloneCD can get through it at a very slow rate. it takes about 10 minutes to make the play disk, and 3 to make the other disks.

i only have about 23 games to back up, so its not the end of the world, i just dont know why all the play disks run so slow.

thanks for the quick reply
    dave.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I don't use CloneCD but I'd hazard a guess that the EA games are taking longer because they're protected by SafeDisc which uses a mass of errors at the start of the disc as part of the protection. In certain circumstances reading through all the errors can take some time.