1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues creating ISO and burning with Nero 6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mjortman, Oct 3, 2004.

1. mjortman

mjortman Member

I've searched everywhere, read every tutorial (or so it seems), and still I can't get any backups to run on my Xbox. Here's my story:

XBox DVD drive is Samsung

Using Xenium Ice mod chip

Using Evolution X dashboard and bios

Creating ISO file using Craxtion (and more recently tried Qwix just to see if that helped)
    Note: have chosen both to patch and not to patch xbe file to see if that helped - neither did

Burned DVD (Sony +R) using Nero 6. I've tried ISO, ISO/UDF, and UDF. More recently I found tutorials saying to burn an image by going to File->Open, choosing the ISO, and burning the disc. During every burn creation attempt I have made sure to choose "Disc at Once" or "Finalize DVD" or whatever.
    Note: One odd thing - When I do the File->Open way (to burn an image), the EvoX dash tells me "No Disk", and when I FTP to my xbox with the disc in the drive, I can't view any files. But if I put the disc back in Nero to do a "Disc Info", it SAYS there's something there, but won't show anything. Very strange. If I just use Nero and choose ISO, UDF, etc, EvoX tells me "Unknown" disc. Different error (but still not working nonetheless). :(

Any help would be appreciated. When do you have to patch xbe files? What format do you choose in Nero? What ISO creation file do you use? Thanks very much in advance.

2. mjortman

mjortman Member

Well, not sure what happened, but it finally seemed to work. 6 discs later. :)

So this can be ignored, or deleted. Whatever. Sorry to take up space here. :)

3. lanacox

lanacox Member

hi i read your problem and ive got the same one on installing the dash its self so i know what you meen about burning all the disks and reading what feels like the whole web and not working
    as mine says this is not a xbox disk
    ive tried liteon cd/rw, cdrs ,megadata cd/rw , cdrs and many others what brand did you manage to get yours working on ive got the phillips drive and its a 1.1 xbox with exector 2.6 chip the bios is fine as its says executor on start up instead of microsoft

cheers