1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues ripping audio CDs into MP3s

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by yoyo33, May 26, 2007.

1. yoyo33

yoyo33 Member

What doesn't Nero automatically create the Album/artist file for me? After I pop in CD, I get the window "Nero's Title and CD Database". I choose "Access Internet Database", which finds all the songs and titles. Then I click "Selected CD" (because there are no other obvious choices) THEN I get a pop-up: "You have not created a user database yet. Without this database your new CD entries will be lost. Do you want to create a user database now?" HUH?? Does this mean I have to manually create a folder for each CD I want to convert to an MP3? I thought this was supposed to be done automatically...

By the way, what is the preferred settings for the MP3 audio format? It defaults to MEDIUM (encoding quality) and 80kbit, 44100 Hz stereo (for constant bitrate). Also "Enable mp3PRO" is checked. HOWEVER, the sound doesn't seem to be same. Sounds almost AM radio-ish in quality...

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I think when it asks if you want to make the user database now you should just say yes and see where that takes you. I doubt it will ask you to do much of anything other than agree to some stuff.

3. ebega

ebega Regular member

Answering yes or no to this question will not effect your cd ripping on this particular occasion. It will still name and tag each file according to the CD you chose from the internet database. The pop up is asking if you want to create a folder to store the CD information from the internet database. If you choose to store this information, you will not have to access the internet database for this particular CD in the future.

4. yoyo33

yoyo33 Member

Whenever I click yes or no OR just close the window, it still won't create a folder for the CD. It just dumps the MP3s into my music folder -- it's supposed to create a new one with the artist title, etc. Weird... I'm really starting to get annoyed by 'Nero'. The tech support is lousy, they don't answer emails plus there's no phone number