1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues Skinning UnleashX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Kyther, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Kyther

Kyther Member

Maybe someone can help i have spent the last 3 days searching the web and attempting to use skins that i have found online, i have tryed several different file formats different locations some say to make a skins folder and create the file path to this folder through the system settings i have done this some say to look in the C: or E: drives for the skins folder cant find it tryed to make a skins folder in the E: drive still didnt work C: drive wont let me i even ftp my entire hdd to my computer in an attempt to search the skins folder or even find where the default ones were placed all searches failed, please please someone help before i loose it trying to do this

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. Kyther

Kyther Member

Anyone any ideas yet?? Been a month thought i'd ask

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

4. Kyther

Kyther Member

It is softmodded UnleashX thats part of the problem i cant seem to figure out how to get skins to work after i ftp them onto the harddrive i routed the path to them but nothing seems to work there are nor original skins folders in my xbox i had to make one and it doesnt show

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  5. scum101

scum101 Guest

unleash has a config file which defines skins locations... honestly if it's this hard leave it alone.

6. Kyther

Kyther Member

im srry for this scum101 and im assuming your not trying to insult my intelligence, i may be young but i have 7 years exp under my belt in terms of computer programs and construction, i modded my xbox myself as well as the xml file to add the emulator option to the main menu with working file paths to the F: drive. Besides im stubborn as a mule so if you cant or wont help me i would greatly appreciate you not criticizing my ability, if all else fails i will find a way to do it myself but this site has helped before therefor i decided to see if anyone could

To anyone that may have an issue with what i have said feel free to voice it to me

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I don't see what the problem is ?; from a simple 'skins unleashx' google search as it's easier than me typing how to do it, plus i haven't updated any of my UnleashX consoles in ages anyway.

~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/443554

It's somewhere under System if i recall correctly -

[​IMG]

If the directory doesn't exist you simply ftp in to the xbox, create a folder, dump any skins in there, then point UnleashX to the skin. Simples.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  8. Kyther

Kyther Member

i have done this the thing is though when i point it in the direction it wont let me select them in my skins option or is that where i am making the mistakeis there a different way to apply it to the dashboard they just dont show up in the menu/skins option only the standard default ones do