1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ist message problem with divx

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Tantal, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Tantal

Tantal Member

Hi guys I'm anewbie here and having a problem with Virtual dub. I know that Virtual dub works with key frames and in order to get around that problem I need to select the part that I want to edit and re-encode it. I usually have a really small file to be re-encoded which will not take time to re-encode. But no matter what I do if I want to append the re-encoded part to the origional part I get an error saying that the video format is diffrent. What shouild I do to make them the same and compatible (without re-encoding the whole thing) I tried and checked the origional file information and found out that the compressor is Divx 5.2.1 so in the compression under video i chose divx 5.2.1 but still give me the same error what else should I look for to make the re-encoded file be compatible with the origional. Both of them don't have sound for the time being. The origional file was saved using Directstream comprssion. So if there is anyways to do that I would really appreciate any and all the help that you can offer. Thanks in advance

2. Tantal

Tantal Member

So no one can help?

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

framerate and resolution should be the same.
    i think the settings don't have to be the same. i once did an append with 1 qpel and 1 not.

4. Tantal

Tantal Member

Thanks for replying Just jow can I make sure that they have the same frame rate and resolution? I'm using Codec 5.2.1. thanks

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

in virtualdub check the file information.

6. Tantal

Tantal Member

Ilooked at the file information and I found out that Frame size size is the same
    Decomressor is the same
    the diffrence is in the four CC code. one says divx5.x codec and the other says low motion divxMpeg-4 (divx3.11) I will try to get that codec and try it

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

no don't conveert to divx 3. get the divx3 to convert to divx5

8. Tantal

Tantal Member

First of all thanks for the replies. Second of all How can I do that I mean How can I make Divx 3convert to Dvx 5. I think the way to do that is by encoding the whole movie right?
    Beside why would I want to do that would that improve the quality or anything?
    Thanks a million for the replies

9. Tantal

Tantal Member

Hi Siroh and sorry to bother you that much. I got this AVI file,when opening it in Vdub and choosing file information I get the following information:
    FourCC code : Four CC(DX50)
    Divx 5.x codec
    DeCompressor: DivX 5.0.1 codec.
    I'm trying to add a subtitle to one part that is about 2 sec long so Re-encoding it won't be a problem.
    I chose direct stream and also chose Decompressor 5.0 then tried 5.1 and 5.2 but when ever I re-encode and try to append to the origional I get this messege
    "cannot append segment: The video streams have diffrent Data format"
    So what should I do what exactly should I chose and Hoe togo about knowing what to use. thanks alot for the help