1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It asks for Disc 4

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Mant, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Mant

Mant Member

Since I was a fan of the original Sims game and wanted to support the company, I bought the Sims 2 DVD game. However, I hated having to insert the disc to play so I, um, downloaded an altered disc image of the CD version of disc 1. It's altered in that it's a small file at 1.5-2MB. But, it looks like a real disc to the game. All you have to do is load up the image and you can play; plus, since it's so small, you don't have to wasted disc space.

But here's the problem. An update to the game was just released. There are two versions - one for the DVD version and one for the CD version. When I try to update using the DVD update patch, the patch program says I have the incorrect patch version; I have to use the CD version. But when I try the CD version, it asks for Disc 4, which I don't have.

Short of reinstalling the game, does anyone have any ideas for installing the update patch? I'm wondering if running the CD image did something to my registry.

Thanks

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Are you kidding me -Mant-

Yeah..nice way to support EA games

Your sooo lazy that you go and down load an altered disc image..sham sham

I think you assed out. reinstall the damn thing to get the damn patch you big supporter >:S