1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It doesn´t works!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by gceballos, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Phyrus

Phyrus Guest

Judging by what I've seen (girlfriend took back her gamecube for a bit so I can't test this) but there seems to be alot of reports that you can stray pretty far from the 'accepted ip settings' and still have it work.

Has anybody who knows what they're doing with networks, tried to concoct a situation that doesn't work? (Apart from assigning it a local ip, giving it no valid dns server or gateway and asking it to find a remote ip)

I think PSO is less intelligent than we give it credit for.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Well, I happen to be MCSE if that matters. As far as the utilities in my sig are concerned, I tried to integerate the Gamecube into my pre-existing TCP/IP address scheme which was a 192.168.0.0 network using the address 192.168.0.32 for the Gamecube and my pre-existing PC address for the streaming ( I seem to remember it being 192.168.0.3) and all seemed to go well until the Animal Crossing Loader started. Even though I configured it with a Gamecube address of 192.168.0.32 it still wanted to stream to 192.168.1.32. I suspect that the person who coded the loader either accidentally or intentionally hard-coded that address into the program. Maybe someone using the Phoenix loader could try different addresses.

3. projectd

projectd Member

This one's directed to Icemonkey.

I only just piggybacked onto this thread while trying to get my GCN online through my computer via a network. So far, you've told me exactly what I needed to know to configure my GCN, but I seem to be unable to find the information on how to configure my PC for the network. I attempted to configure my LAN connection in the most logical manner, except when I perform the "arp -a" command I get no return at all, and when I run a ping, 192.168.1.100 gives me a perfect return, but 192.168.1.32 times out on all attempts. Any light to shed on my situation? I'm getting really frustrated.

4. projectd

projectd Member

Alright, nevermind. I performed "arp -a" while PSO was connecting, and .1.100 came up as the interface, and .1.32 came up as a dynamic internet address, so that much is working. However, when I attempt to connect to the PSO server, it does so, it announces that it's connecting to the DNS server, then I get the lobby background and message 102 that states, "You could not be connected to the server. Please check that your provider settings are correct before connecting. The line was disconnected."

An clues now?

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it before, I'm running the BBA to my computer with a crossover cable, and am using a dialup connection (Earthlink) to connect to the internet. Hope none of that makes any difference here, I don't have much more to work with.

5. projectd

projectd Member

Oh hell, nevermind. I found the tutorial and realized this was a copying method.

Well, all the same, any ideas how I can use the dialup connection on my computer to connect my GCN to the internet over a crossover cable?

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

On a WinME/XP PC, enable ICS, set all network interfaces to auto-configure (including the Gamecube), and enable the dial on demand feature for the dailup interface (sorry I don't recall if that's what Windows actually calls it) so your PC will automatically dial out to the internet when a shared device requests internet.

7. projectd

projectd Member

When I attempted to connect to an online game, I got this message balloon off my taskbar:

"[bold]Local Area Connection[/bold]
    This connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. For more information, click this message"

The message I receive when I click on the balloon in the network connection properties under the support tab reads:
    "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer."

If I click the Details button, I find:
    Physical Address: 00-50-2C-03-48-52
    IP Address: 169.254.175.122
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway:
    DNS Server:
    WINS Server:

The GCN itself reported this during the colorful warp connection screen:
    "(No.015) Connection attempt failed. Failed to retrieve IP address from DHCP."

Any ideas from here?

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to address these issues, I understand that you have much more important issues to attend to than this. I really appreciate the help you're offering me.

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Looks like setting your network adapters to auto-configure isn't working in this case. Try setting your PC's NIC to an address of 192.168.0.1 and your Gamecube to 192.168.0.2 both with a netmask of 255.255.255.0 and see if that works. Also set the gateway on the Gamecube to 192.168.0.1 so it knows how to get out to the Internet. See if ICS will allow you to use these settings.

9. projectd

projectd Member

Now, I make it through the warp loading screen, I get the message saying "Connecting to the DNS server.", and then I progress to the pre-lobby screen, where I get a message that reads:

"(No.102)
    You could not be connected to the server. Please check that your provider settings are correct before disconnecting.
    The line was disconnected."

Why does this seem to bode ill for me?

10. projectd

projectd Member

Ugh. I really need to make sure I put everything down before I click REPLY. I MEANT to ask, do I need to put in any DNS address settings, custom ones or the ones provided to me by Earthlink?

11. xcrowleyx

xcrowleyx Member

i know it's kinda old but it seems like the service doesn't reconize the GC.

the "unable to resolve host" error means that it has found a address that is "Alive/Active", but when a packet is sent (a connection packet) it's not responding according to the service that u are using.
    a service means a program that u have to run on the computer end.. something like a emulation program or a device driver on the pc's end

12. projectd

projectd Member

What service?

13. Megaton

Megaton Guest

I have been suffering from similar problems, but after followed ur directions about changing .100 to .1 and .32 to .2 - pheonix works perfectly now thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2004