1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It says "Sub-7 Trojan" in my firewall list

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by morph988, Aug 21, 2007.

1. morph988

morph988 Member

When I use azureus version 2.5, it says sub-7 trojan in my firewall list meaning that I guess a trojan has attached itself to my azureus program? Is this bad? I'm assuming all trojans are bad? Does it mean that I necessarily have a trojan or just that one is lurking out there? Thanks

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Trojans are very serious PC problems. If one has some how linked itself with Azureus I would uninstall Azureus for the time being and then proceed to run every spyware/malware removal program on your PC as well as your Antivirus program. If you don't have any Anti-Spyware/Virus programs I will give you the names of some great freeware programs. Also when I say antispyware I mean more then just runnign SpySweeper.

3. morph988

morph988 Member

Ok, now I'm pretty sure that I have a trojan. It's my own fault for installing crap I got off P2P. Anyone have a free trojan remover? Help.

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

First lets see if we can identify any nasty programs on your pc. Download a program called HijackThis! and run it. On the main interface option chose the "scan" option, after scanning hit the "save log" button. Now copy and paste the data from that log into this thread. Also what antivirus/antispyware programs are you running?