1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITrip......

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by matias21, Oct 16, 2005.

1. matias21

matias21 Member

Im really dumb w/ technology but i got a friend that uses them cassetes with the cable (car cassete adapter i think its called) to listen to his MP3 player and CD player...problem is i dont have a thing to insert a tape or Cd's, i just have a radio......What can i do??

Will the ITrip work??...and is there an FM transmitter that works with the Ipod and CD player too??

I dont really have an IPOD right now so thats why i dont really want an Itrip, i want something that would play my CD player and an Ipod that i will be getting in the future.

Thanks for your help...............

PS:If you have an Ipod that you wanna sell write here how much you want for it since im interested in buying one for cheaper..

2. ICARUS27

ICARUS27 Member

itrips are for ipods only... they work by transmitting on a selected fm wave band and would be fine for your car radio.

you can buy other plug-in devices for your cd player (just look on ebay) you'll be looking at £10-£15 or $15-$20 ish... these will also work on an ipod as they plug into the headphone jack.

3. matias21

matias21 Member

4. uratowel

uratowel Member

i bought an itrip thinking this would solve my exact problem, maybe mines defective but its staticy as hell, work well if u put it directly next to the atenna but if ur looking for a good in car solution itrip doesnt cut it. My new car has an auxillary input tho so im laffing

5. ICARUS27

ICARUS27 Member

yeah an aux in will give you the best quality sound... i've got to say i get a good reception through my radio but i've taken my pod into other cars and it's not been to handy... think it's dependant on the electrical shielding within the car (you've just got to suck it and see)

as for your deal matias well (ebay removed the item...not a good sign) if it looks to good to be true...then it probably is! but it's your money. i've only used the ipod and the sony equivalant but there are loads to choose from, have a read through some reviews and go from there..

6. matias21

matias21 Member

Thanks for the Help!..im gonna have to read up more on this.