1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itunes 4.7 wont install on my computer pleeese heelp!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by gtgtgtgt, Oct 25, 2005.

1. gtgtgtgt

gtgtgtgt Member

hi i try to install itunes on my hp pavillion t760a but when it comes to write the registry keys i get an error:

Error 1406. Could not write value to key /Software/classes/.cdda/OpenWithList/iTunes.exe Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Second Error is: Error 1406. Could not write value to key /Software/classes/.aiff/OpenWithList/iTunes.exe

third error is: Error 1406. Could not write value to key /Software/classes/.aifc/OpenWithList/iTunes.exe

fourth error is: Error 1406. Could not write value to key /Software/classes/.aif/OpenWithList/iTunes.exe

fifth error: Error 1402. Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Classes/.aif/OpenWithProgids. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.\

And this only happens when trying to install Itunes all the rest of the programs i install work fine pleeeeese help meee im running HP Pavillion T760a 3.20GHZ 512MB Memory 160GB HDD 128MB Video card ATI RADEON X300 SERIES.

2. Marc_83

Marc_83 Member

Hi gtgtgtgt,

Try this info off the apple website,http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93865 I was having the same issues and it worked for me.

Good Luck