1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes Freaking Out

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chunkles, Mar 21, 2005.

1. chunkles

chunkles Member

Well its kind of hard to explain but itunes seems to have freaked out. A couple of days ago I took every song off my ipod. I need all the capacity, and used the ipod like a portable hard drive transfering some ISOs from a friends computer to mine. I found the hold control click the check mark shortcut to uncheck all the mp3s in itunes so that when I updated the music would be taken off the ipod. Well I got the ISOs, and transfered them to my computer. Then deleted them off the ipod. I went back through rechecked and added my music back everything was fine. That was 2 days ago. Today I plugged in my ipod, and itunes automatically update my ipod to my dismay. itunes was messed up. I had 7-8 playlists, all of them gone in their place were 2 wierd playlists that I never made. EVERY! one of the songs in my library had the exclamation point next to them signifying itunes didn't know where they were at. And about 2/3 of the music wasn't even in my library anymore. I checked my music directory and as far as I can tell all of my music is intact. But when I connected the ipod, itunes updated it with the messed up playlists, and erased most of what was on there. Its a pain the butt to clear, and reload my whole library. Then it takes around an hour to copy the 20+ gigs of music back on to my ipod. Id prefer not to repeat this process. Has this happened to anyone before? Does anyone know what happened? help would be greatly appreciated

2. chunkles

chunkles Member

Also I know that I can export my play lists to back them up. But is there any way to back up my preferances. Like all my song ratings, and number of times listened to, etc?

3. ricster

ricster Regular member

Have you tried asking this question in Apple's discussions ? They are very well attended. You'll probably get much more help there.