1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itunes freezes whn I connect ipod video

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by dos1986, Jan 23, 2007.

1. dos1986

dos1986 Guest

Hi giys can anyone help me here Itunes freezes after about 5 seconds everytime I connect my ipod video and sometimes a update ipod icon pops up but not everytime is there any way I can fix this or even put my stuff (videos) into the ipod manually or with a freeware program thanks

2. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

I was having this problem recently too, for me, I noticed that it was when the hold switch was set to lock the ipod which I keep on constantly so I don't accidently press any buttons, anyways, if it was locked it would freeze my computer and iPod up when I plugged it in, the latest update seemed to fix it though, so my suggestion is, make sure your iPod isn't locked when you connect it and update it as soon as possible.

As for other programs to put music on your iPod, there are a lot out there, I tried one but I can't remember the name of it right now, sharepod maybe? I only used it to play music with the iPod on computers that didn't have iTunes like my work laptop, unfortunately though, it wouldn't play any of the m4p files I bought off of iTunes.

3. dos1986

dos1986 Guest

Thanks for the advice john it didnt work though itunes is still crashing after 5 seconds when the ipod is connected buts its fine when the ipod isnt connected