1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes lagging the computer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by HDS, May 5, 2007.

1. HDS

HDS Member

Hey guys. ive been using itunes for about a year now, and only recently did i notice this. it all started a few months ago. I would be playing a game, and have my music in the background. whenever the song would change my game would freeze, 2 seconds before the song ends, then take up again, and within the first 10 seconds of the new song, the game would lagg tremendously, to the point where i would loose control of anything i was doing.

I thought maybe this was just with games. but it seems that now its with everything. im playing music now, and when the new song starts my computer freezes up for a second or so.

also whenever i close itunes, it keeps on opening itself back up.

i run xp, on 40 gig hd, with 300 gig backup for the music. 1 gig ram, and pentium 4 2.40 ghz. i dont see why this is happening, and i dotn have much choice, since windows media player has been doing it too (but worst).

thanks

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

i hate itunes to death, i got a better comp then you and it's still @$%^ slow, so i use FLOOLA- http://www.floola.com/modules/wiwimod/ the only reason god put itunes on earth is so it would corrupt our ipods and make us go crazy, but seriously with floola you can go to any computer and suck all there music right of it without syncing, it does video to, it's a read on program so no install needed