1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got an idea...

Discussion in 'Suggestions, ideas and feedback' started by sprawl, Nov 18, 2005.

1. sprawl

sprawl Member

Hey folks,

I am a newbie at video manipulation. I have been in the computer industry for 15 years but am just now exploring all the ins and outs of DVD copying etc. I had an idea for a project that I would like to undertake with your help. (if you feel it would be helpful).

Coming from the newbie perspective I could really use a flowchart. yea, I know "this guy must be a real nerd". I just think it would make conceptualizing the processes easier because it is visual and not overwhelming.

Starting with what kind of task (Ripping, copying, converting etc) and moving through the process of;

1. How to tell what format you are starting with.
    2. What software to use (recommendations with links to each guide page on your site - and maybe even links to the appropriate forum as well)
    3. How to check for copy protection and what to use to bypass it.

Could also have links to the glossary embedded in the terms used.

I think that I would enjoy working on something like this if someone could help me with the processes. By focusing on this project I would learn what I need to know almost incidentally. I also think that with the amount of information associated with video manipulation - it would help new folks a lot with understanding the concepts and processes.

I figure I could use Visio and map everything out.

I may be way off (my wife usually thinks I am) but I just thought it might be helpful.

Let me know what you think.

Sprawl

2. *agent47*

*agent47* Guest

this thread started about a month ago but i would like to say its a great idea. y dont u get started. ask me for help if u need any. i am good a computers. contact me any time. thanks
    Good Luck :D