1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ive heard another way to softmod the xbox...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by rhinoguy, Oct 18, 2005.

1. rhinoguy

rhinoguy Member

ive heard you can softmod an xbox, by taking out the hard drive for the xbox, and connecting it to your computer, the computer can then read the files in the hdd.

with that you can add the files to soft mod it. im real low on money right now and it seems that woudl be my only option, since i cannot afford to by a AR.

can anyone tell me if this would actually work? and if so, can you guys direct me to a site that shows you how to do it?

thanks in advance:)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  2. rhinoguy

rhinoguy Member

no one wants to help me? :(

3. gobs13

gobs13 Guest

no, no one wants to help u. because this forum is a hardware discussion, not software.

4. rhinoguy

rhinoguy Member

UH no its not. its for modding your xbox and such. im on teh right topic, so shut your face.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

...sounds like a hardware issue to me....since no software has been mentioned

6. X_boxed

X_boxed Member

yes, there's a way , i read it in some softwares i downloaded (namely Softmod Pack, and XboxHDM,) itwas written that u can use the softmod with xboxhdm to create a new xbox hdd.

well i am a n00b myself and i dont know how to do softmod myself but all i knwo is that the XBoxhdm prepares a custom hdd for the xbox by taking ur data (in which u can include the softpack) and then fill the hdd with it for the xbox. Hope that it helps.

7. birddawg

birddawg Member

i do and just did mine a couple of days ago and you cant because unless u are some kind of techno weenie u are screwed. go rake some leaves or sell some drugs do somethin to get ur money right bro. if u cant afford a 30 action replay....trade in some games. pimp ur self out to fat ugly women do somethin to get that 30 so u can get that ar. it is the best investment to make for a broke cheating x box manipulator like ur self... holla

8. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Hey birddawg, whats your problem? He was just asking a question, you dont have to come in and bash him. You need to learn to respect people or you wont be on this forum very long.

It may not work because maybe the HDD has to be unlocked first?? Just an idea.

9. rhinoguy

rhinoguy Member

ahh for every handful of idiots there are always acouple saints....

10. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

I do my best :) Try xbox-scene.com I know they are one of the best modding sites I've seen. If you cant find a way to do it, and you need to get action replay, check out ebay. They have it cheaper than in stores.

11. mrsurf

mrsurf Guest

dude - this is totally off topic i know, but tht link on ur signature is awesome - i'm pre - booking my 360!!!! u got me convinced!!! :p

12. birddawg

birddawg Member

i am sorry man i just got a little carried away but i was not trying to insult the guy. if i offended any 1 i am sorry. i am a cheating xbox manipulator myself and know that when you point a finger at someone that there are 4 pointing back you.

13. veredes

veredes Member

You can only do this after your hard drive has been unlocked and you need a linux distro with a custom kernel to read fatx. The problem lies in that you have to have a evox loader through 007, mechinstaller, etc. to extract your key.

Do you know anyone that has a modded box? If so, download the softmod file to thier xbox and then use a regular memory card and save the softmod to that. Then you can use it on any xbox, no need for AR.

14. birddawg

birddawg Member

easy with the "idiot" talk mr sensitive

15. birddawg

birddawg Member

this is what you call respect?
    "UH no its not. its for modding your xbox and such. im on teh right topic, so shut your face."

that is why i kind of bashed you man. cuz where i am from if u cant take it dont dish it. just somethin to think about for a min.

16. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Well he was actually right, and the other guy (now inactive, says alot about him huh?) just yelled at him for something he was doing right. I would have gotten mad at gobs13 too.

17. birddawg

birddawg Member

its all good and again i am sorry

18. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

what you do is get someone with a modded xbox and a dvd burner to back up all your games then sell your games and get a hardmod.$30 isnt much i spend $60 a week on smokes.

19. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Stop telling this guy $30 inst alot, maybe he honesly just doesnt have any extra money. And you dont need a DVD burner, you can just get a bigger HD and put all the games on there. Then, get a subscribtion to blcokbuster for 1 month for $20, and rent all the games you want and copy them to your HD.

20. X_boxed

X_boxed Member

Here goes,

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=443489
    i never did any of this but will do to a new HD but 1 thing that I know till now
    [bold]
    never

ever

lose the EEPROM

so BACK UP ur EEPROM of the XBOX b4 doing any thing coz its the only life saver for the sXBOX.[/bold]